Official Review: Artist's journal by Sveta Alenina

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Official Review: Artist's journal by Sveta Alenina

Post by Dael Reader »

This is a nice, solid review. I wonder, do you think a book like this has a wide appeal, or is it something that is likely to be appreciated only by the artists friends and family--people who already know her?
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

Dael Reader wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 21:16 This is a nice, solid review. I wonder, do you think a book like this has a wide appeal, or is it something that is likely to be appreciated only by the artists friends and family--people who already know her?
So, I was actually thinking that as I was going through the book. I thought about some very famous artists who have journals that went on to obviously be priceless. But they were also quite personal. I felt like this was a way to get the author's art recognised - which is different from being personal. So I think that anyone could probably appreciate it.

Thank you for your comments!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

I think it's very interesting that an author would publish a journal-like book full of doodles and perhaps incomplete thoughts. She must be incredibly insightful and forward-thinking.

Thank you for your thorough review. You presented a very careful treatment of this book.
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
SpencerVo
Favorite Book: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencervo.html
Latest Review: Lola the Buhund and the Father of Discord by Elbot Carman

Post by SpencerVo »

I find myself on the fence here. I often have little patience for poetry, but I am definitely a sucker for illustrations, especially those created to converse the artist's intense feelings and subconscious thoughts. Thank you for this lovely review!
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

kandscreeley wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 09:47 That's my problem with poetry; it often goes over my head. There's some deeper meaning that I'm supposed to find that just passes over me completely. However, I'm tempted to look at this one simply for the artwork. The sketches intrigue me. Thanks!
I understand what you mean about poetry having a deeper meaning. As a form of artistic expression, poetry can be written as a collection of abstract thoughts and ideas. Most of the time, I am able to interpret the underlying theme or message, but sometimes it escapes me too. The artwork does look interesting.
:escribir: :reading-6:
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”