Review by Folatimi21 -- McDowell by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Folatimi21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-folatimi21.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review by Folatimi21 -- McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Folatimi21 » 29 Oct 2018, 02:22

[Following is a volunteer review of "McDowell" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

REVIEW OF MCDOWELL BY WILLIAM H. COLES
WRITTEN BY IDOWU FOLAYEMI

The novel is about the life of Hiram McDowell who was a Surgeon by profession and in love with climbing. He has three children, Ann, Sophie and Billie, but his marriage life was not envious. he lost his second life to breast cancer and his marriage to Carole Mason was a disaster. the story captured the success of McDowell and his quest for power and riches and his downfall which was due to his murder of Jeremy, his Grandson.

Jeremy shot his mother Ann, his Sister Penny and some others in a mass murder he committed in school and later attempted suicide by shooting himself in the Jaw. McDowell in a view to save the family's face and the boy from pain, He was convicted of second degree of his disabled grandson killed the boy. he was sentenced to twenty five years imprisonment. he escaped later from the prison and later met with death in the hands of Sheriff Harold.

I Will rate the novel 4 out of 4 because the book is detailed and free from grammatical errors. it was properly edited and will recommend the novel for schools and educational researches.

The author did little justice to the childhood of McDowell and his upbringing will have contributed to his actions and reactions to events and life in general. another confusing event in the novel was the death of McDowell. readers are confused about the reason why the Sheriff murdered him without going through the right process of law. His memoir was a way to make him immortal and prove his innocence.

Although Dr Hiram was not my favorite character in the novel because i see him as a selfish being who failed to honour promises and take responsibility of his partners. he didn't handle the matter of Billie impregnating tasha, daughter of Carole Mason well as expected from a responsible father. his suggestion of abortion proves that he has a murderer spirit in him.

The fictional novel was filled with themes of love, hatred, disappointment, rediscovery, murder, trust and power.

McDowell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Folatimi21's review? Post a comment saying so!

HollandBlue
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 225
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by HollandBlue » 31 Oct 2018, 17:40

Thanks for your review. I agree that the book should have included more of McDowell's childhood and background to display what drove his actions and created his moral code.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”