Official Review: India in Chaos, Only Judiciary can Save

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Official Review: India in Chaos, Only Judiciary can Save

Post by Mely918 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "India in Chaos, Only Judiciary can Save" by komal chandra agrawal.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

India in Chaos, Only Judiciary Can Save by K.C. Agrawal is a work of research. It tells of the many reasons about why India is still in a poor state for its people, even after 71 years of independence. The author attempts to find the core reason for every problem that India is facing. He also provides solutions for those issues. Agrawal believes that the judiciary is the one way to set the country on a prosperous path.

There are three parts to this book. The first two parts focus on the issues plaguing the country and the reasons why they occurred. The third part is a guideline that the author provides to assist in India’s healing. Through extensive research, Agrawal tries to diagnose India’s troubles and find cures for them. The judiciary is the final authority when it comes to executing the parts of the Constitution. This is why Agrawal is under the impression that the judiciary is the key to fixing India’s problems.

This book was a very informative read. It’s clear that Agrawal did thorough research for this book. I could also see just how deeply the matters of India touched him. His passion shone through every page of this novel. Agrawal also provides his readers with many visuals throughout the book to give readers a better understanding of the extent to India’s problems. Additionally, there is an index and a list of definitions for the terms that he used. This book was very straightforward and even blunt at times. However, it seemed necessary in order to drive the problems and solutions home to the readers. I have no doubt that anyone from or living in India will find truth while reading Agrawal’s novel.

The only issue that I had with this book was the grammatical mistakes. It didn’t take me long to find ten errors. They were pretty consistent through the entire book. Most of the mistakes were missing punctuation marks. One example is on page 59. It reads, “Lack of infrastructure too is a compulsion to mobilize funds through disinvestments and FDIs.” I would definitely suggest another round of editing. This book is a very powerful read, and it would be a shame for careless mistakes like that to hold it back from its potential.

Overall, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It was a very educational experience. I learned a lot from reading this book. It's very well-researched, and the author’s passion made it all the more engaging. However, I could not ignore the number of mistakes that it had, so I cannot give it a perfect rating. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking to do some research on a different country. I would especially recommend it to people from India, since a book like this would definitely hit home for them. I wouldn’t recommend it to those who find these types of books boring.

India in Chaos, Only Judiciary can Save
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mely918's review? Post a comment saying so!
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

Seems like I would like reading this book since I am an Indian. I agree with the author's views that judiciary can set our country on a prosperous path but it cannot be the only way. If the scales tip in favor of a particular institution, chances are it will also indulge in abuse of power. What is required is proper checks and balances in every institution. You have written a well-organized and coherent review. Thanks!
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I am not an Indian, but I am interested in learning more about their struggles. It is a shame this book has so errors. I can look pass it since the content seems well thought out. Thanks for your review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I don't know much about India, so it seems that this book would be appropriate for me. It sounds like the author did the research well which I appreciate. I'll have to consider this one for the future. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
fredrick otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-otieno.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by fredrick otieno »

I do agree with Agrawal's idea that the judiciary can fix the system in India. I am not from India but i have knowledge of their system. Thanks for the review.
evan1995muniz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evan1995muniz.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by evan1995muniz »

I liked your review, unfortunatly I am not really interested in reading this novel.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

A functional judiciary is always a voice to reckon with in many countries. I would like to learn about India, since I don't know much. The book sounds like a good source. A shame about the errors.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

An informative, well-researched, engaging Novel adds up to a great read📚Congratulations to the author on the #BOTD👏👏👏 and hats off to you as well for writing such an insightful review :tiphat:
Galnius
Currently Reading: The Last City of America
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-galnius.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Galnius »

Whilst I am keen on learning how he feels a judiciary could solve Indias problems, could a single solution truly work? I'm tempted to read it so I can find out what makes the author feel like it
writer808
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writer808.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Post by writer808 »

i am an IR student, i guess i will read it.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Identifying areas for improvement is a step towards change and betterment. I am not from the country but much has been said in more recent years about its prospects for attaining better status in the years to come. I won't dare comment on whether the solution proposed by the author is what would really solve what needs resolving and I'd rather remain apolitical even with matters local, but it's good that you've found the piece informative and well-researched. Thank you for your insightful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

It makes me happy that the author in his/her research chose not only to highlight problems bedeviling India but also solutions that will brighten the situation. This book helps us to tackle serious problems that face populous democracies and how we can turn things around in a positive way. Liked the review
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick
FaruqAhmad
Currently Reading: Dreams from My Father
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faruqahmad.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by FaruqAhmad »

Reading the book reminded me of similar problems faced by other countries. The book is penned from a reserve of knowledge.
Nice review. you raised critical issues no one would have ignored.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”