Official Review: Supraphysica by Drew Boudreaux

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Official Review: Supraphysica by Drew Boudreaux

Post by cpru68 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Supraphysica" by Drew Boudreaux.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you were approached by an angelic being, and you were asked to go on a mission for God, would you do it? Take into consideration the fact that you could not speak of this assignment to anyone upon your return, and your family and acquaintances would have their memories arranged to make room for your absence. This is the dilemma that Philip faces in the novel Supraphysica by Drew Boudreaux.

It is the job of Archangel Gabriel, otherwise known as Gabe, to transform himself as close to human as possible to recruit the people who are to take part in this job. Their presence is requested at "The Grounds" to begin work on a project that the Creator has ordained. Michael and Raphael are the other angels included as the divine reaches out to touch humanity to bring a lesson to all of those involved. It is with a mix of faith and science that this is to be accomplished and to demonstrate that God loves people and performs acts of kindness through prayer.

Besides having a faith and science blend, this book has moments of humor along with death resulting in grief. The author shows how the loss of someone can lead to people blaming God for bad situations instead of turning to Him for comfort.

Also, there are a few references to spiritual warfare as darker forces are not pleased with the work of the humans and the angels. There are a few swear words sprinkled throughout, but this only speaks to the realism that the author was trying to display in that no one is perfect, but God's love remains intact.

I liked how the author was able to weave his characters together into a realistic fashion. Besides Philip as the main character, there is a female counterpart named Encar. There was an excellent use of creativity as to how the other minor characters were written into their lives as the story unfolds. As a bonus for clarity sake, the beginning of each chapter has the character's name included so there is no confusion as to who the section is referencing.

When I read the background of the author, he was transparent about being a Christian, and this is a book of that genre, so for those who like reading material that brings your walk with God to a deeper level, then you might enjoy this work of fiction. Otherwise, for those who do not prefer stories about the Bible, prayer or creation, then this one probably should not be on your reading list.

I liked the message of the novel that we can be involved in creating and manifesting positive things. This does not suggest that we are doing this by ourselves but with the assistance of the unseen realm backing us, and added to that, we can make a difference in the community we live in by donating our time, our money and our prayers to make the world a better place.

I only found a few minor errors in the text, and mainly this was a missing comma or two, so it seems that great care has been taken with the editing of this book. For this reason, and the fact that this is a great storyline meant to show a strong connection between God and us, I am giving it a 4 out of 4 stars.

Supraphysica
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like cpru68's review? Post a comment saying so!
Everything happens for a reason...
MsTri
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I SO adore spiritually-based books, especially fiction ones that use well-known Biblical characters, and this one sounds like a real goody. I especially like the idea of human interacting with some of them, in this case the angels Michael and Raphael. Thanks so much for the wonderful review; I really look forward to getting a copy of this tome.
cpru68
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

MsTri wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 11:40 I SO adore spiritually-based books, especially fiction ones that use well-known Biblical characters, and this one sounds like a real goody. I especially like the idea of human interacting with some of them, in this case the angels Michael and Raphael. Thanks so much for the wonderful review; I really look forward to getting a copy of this tome.
This was such a good book! I miss the characters already. I encouraged the author to write a sequel. Thanks for taking the time to read my review. I appreciate it.
Everything happens for a reason...
Caylie_Cat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caylie-cat.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Caylie_Cat »

A great book is one that you are sad to finish and feel a little bereft without the company of the characters. It sounds like a compelling read, and having such a positive message only makes it more appealing. Well done with this review!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This reminds me of Frank Peretti's books with angels being some of the main characters. I may just pick this one up. Thanks.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm glad the editing was so well done. I'm a bit on the fence about whether I would enjoy this, though. It seems that there are a lot of dark themes. While I know this is realistic, it's not something I enjoy reading of. Thanks, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”