Review by Maxwell600 -- The Spirit of Want

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maxwell600
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maxwell600.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Review by Maxwell600 -- The Spirit of Want

Post by Maxwell600 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Spirit of Want" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Some people have weird character traits. It's very well agreed that people are born without knowing anything, so, the behaviors that people have was acquired from people they met on earth, mostly from people they socialized or stayed with. If, by chance, a person has this bad qualities, life is not very good for him/her.

On a different note, in this recent generations, some pastors have started to view church offerings as a good source of capital to start their own businesses. High percentage of church offerings should, in my opinion, be used to improve the services offered in churches and assist the poor. Unfortunately, this has zinced to be the case.

Lucy, who is the main character in the book, The Spirit of Want by William Coles, happened to be driving a car off from a tavern to their homes with her friends while she was drunk. As expected, an accident occurred, they hit down a woman, but the problem was, they didn't realise it at the time but thought they had hit something else. For every seed you sore, it is common to harvest fruits bearing those seeds. Lucy's life started to be tough from this day of the accident. She started to become selfish, even without her realisation. In a case of a priest having had sex with a minor, she was so determined to win that she got many people, some of which were innocent, involved. This made the case more complicated prior to her expectations. She thereafter forgot of her family, and went for a vacation in Africa. What she went through in Africa made her regrate of ever going there. When she returned back in America, she found her family situation unbearable.

The plot of the book was simple and easy to follow. The author uses words that are simple and in cases where he uses vocabularies, he puts them in his writings in such a manner that the reader will be able to easily find their meanings. The writing style was also captivating. Validly, the plot and writing styles of the book were the key things that made me like the book. Apart from these two, their are other things, that I will sum up, which I liked in the book. The narration was not dominating over the dialogue, they actually seemed to be in balance. The book well describes the weird lifes that some families and pastors live.

After reading the title of the book, that is, The spirit of want, I thought that the story was about a sought of a spirit, which was claiming the lifes of the living. But this, and fortunately, was not the case, it was something of more value to my instinct than that.

Finally, I am glad to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not spot any grammatical nor spelling mistakes. The book must have been probably professionally edited. The book will be more appropriate to some pastors and families with some of it's member having absurd behaviours. Religious people will also enjoy reading the book. People outside this specific groups of audience might unlikely find the book impressing.

The Spirit of Want
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Maxwell600's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”