Official Review: The Centauri Settlement by J.D.Nightingale

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Official Review: The Centauri Settlement by J.D.Nightingale

Post by topdan30 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Centauri Settlement" by J.D.Nightingale.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Centauri Settlement is a fictional novel by J. D Nightingale. This book is scientifically inclined and has a good storyline. I will be recommending this novel to lovers of a good fictional story with a lot of scientific details.

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like in the 2060s? As of 2030, the air quality in cities around the world is worse as citizens often wear breathing masks. There were so many things wrong as survival of humanity on Earth is threatened. There is a need for expensive space exploration as skin cancer, starvation, and vices are on the rise.

The International Space Agency spent years researching on Centauri B as an alternative home for humanity. Centauri B is a star which is 4.3 light years away from Earth in the galaxy. After months of evaluating the data acquired, the Space Agency concluded that Centauri B will be a perfect home for humanity. The star though not Identical to earth would satisfy human requirements. In September 2062, the Space Agency launches NEWTON I and II with a goal of settling and reproducing on Centauri B. The Space Agency did not just assemble any kind of crew but went for variety and diversity for the NEWTONS.

John and Tom the sons of Mr and Mrs Eng were the captain of NEWTON I and II respectively. The crew also includes Dr Bettheim an internet pal of Mr Eng. On their journey to Centauri B, some of the preliminary analysis gotten about the journey was wrong as they are faced with unexpected issues. Will they all survive the journey? What will they find on Centauri B? And how will diversity in the crew affect their journey and settlement?

This book did not just offer storyline but is also educative as it pricks the imagination of readers. The author did a good job of bringing the storyline together and providing enough details that made the story stand out. The book got to me as I can vividly picture every detail as the author describes them.

The author provides interesting characters which were rightly detailed. Each character had enough details to carry every reader along. I love the character of Dr Bettheim as he is very knowledgeable in almost everything ranging from history to science. He was involved in tutoring the children all through the journey. He was an approachable man and a man that is professional in his dealings. His character really impressed me.

The author also poured out correct and precise information about the Centauri creatures. How did I know? I researched it. Some information in this book is a work of fiction which the “afterward” section of the book spelt out clearly. This will help readers differentiate real-life detail from fictional ones.

I enjoyed the detailed life on the Centauri B. The life on the Centauri B was interesting to read as they relate with each other and even with the Centauri creatures. The details and the way of life of the creature were unique as they feed on just vegetables and no meat.

I rate The Centauri Settlement 4 out of 4 stars. I found no fault in this book. It was professionally edited.

The Centauri Settlement
View: on Bookshelves

Like topdan30's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

If we continue to pollute and destroy the earth then it is possible that we could experience wearing dusk masks in the future. I am glad that you find the book educational and that the author was able to bring vivid images to your mind. Thank you for a wonderful review.
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

I see a lot of creativity in this story.I enjoy stretching my imagination,so this would surely make a good read.Thanks for the nice review.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

I love the fact that the book has interesting characters that are rightly detailed.This book sounds interesting.
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

Wow! This book sounds really interesting, and I'm really happy to hear you didn't find any flaws within the text. Thanks for the review. I always love it when a book encourages you to research things in real life, so thank you for adding that part of your experience to your review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”