Ender's Game

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

Did you like it?

Yes!
92%
It was alright...
8%
Nope!
No votes

Total votes: 13

TornUpReaper
Bookshelf Size: 0

Ender's Game

Post by TornUpReaper »

I was wondering if anyone else has read Ender's Game? It's definitely one of the best books I have ever read in my entire life, and that is saying something since I've been reading practically forever.
Butterbescotch

Post by Butterbescotch »

I am only in Chapter 7 but I'm loving it.
Anyone who wants to discuss it?
Tip the Bottle

Post by Tip the Bottle »

Ender's Game is one of my favorite books Ender's Shadow is just as fantastic but while the other books in the series for the most part are good they get pretty heavy.

I hear that the movie has been green lit but have always thought this would make a better cable series or anime than it would a movie. I know if a live action movie is made they would mess with the age of the children like they did with Logan's Run
"When the give you things, ask yourself why.
When you're grateful to them for giving you the things you should already have anyway, ask yourself why."
-Lady in Blue, rebel broadcast
Butterbescotch

Post by Butterbescotch »

Hello Tip, do you mind explaining what do you mean by "pretty heavy"? I only read the first book of the series so I'm interested on the next books.

The movie is to be released in 2013 ( after the world ends). Anyways, I agree that it might turn off the whole series but who knows it might be good. Don't underestimate the art of filmmaking :twisted: :twisted:
Kchirgwi

Post by Kchirgwi »

The best part of Ender's Game is the crazy brother and the sister.
A24

Post by A24 »

TornUpReaper wrote:I was wondering if anyone else has read Ender's Game? It's definitely one of the best books I have ever read in my entire life, and that is saying something since I've been reading practically forever.
This book seems to have very good reviews. Did you read the rest of the books in the series? If so, did you like those just as much as the first book? I'm not really a science-fiction lover, but I'm trying all different kinds of books lately.
Ahhh, too many books - not enough time!
Butterbescotch

Post by Butterbescotch »

A24 wrote:
TornUpReaper wrote:I was wondering if anyone else has read Ender's Game? It's definitely one of the best books I have ever read in my entire life, and that is saying something since I've been reading practically forever.
This book seems to have very good reviews. Did you read the rest of the books in the series? If so, did you like those just as much as the first book? I'm not really a science-fiction lover, but I'm trying all different kinds of books lately.
Ahhh, too many books - not enough time!
I'm sorry for the lack of details but the first one was great. I haven't read the whole series but the first book is as good as a stand-a-lone.

You should check it out. :lol: :lol:
Davinci

Post by Davinci »

unfortunately the sequels were not as good
Aileenhu
Currently Reading: Daisy Chain War

Post by Aileenhu »

Are they not? Because if they aren't, I probably won't read them. Because it might 'spoil' the first one, even if I've read that.
Davinci wrote:unfortunately the sequels were not as good
:D Enjoy your day~
Butterbescotch

Post by Butterbescotch »

Aileenhu

The first book is great. You should check it out.
Aileenhu
Currently Reading: Daisy Chain War

Post by Aileenhu »

Okay. Thanks. I'll get hold of it.
Butterbescotch wrote:Aileenhu

The first book is great. You should check it out.
:D Enjoy your day~
Lost in Codex
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lost-in-codex.html

Post by Lost in Codex »

Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow and Shadow of the Hegemon are all worth the read...in that order. I can't say anything about the other books because I haven't read them, but these three are really good and build upon themselves.
Jimrada

Post by Jimrada »

Ender's Game made me an Orson Scott Card fan. I also loved Speaker for the Dead. However, I think that Ender's Shadow stole some of the power of the book. As a parallel novel, it minimized Ender somewhat to play up Bean. I feel like it detracts a bit from Ender's Game because of that. I'm curious to see the next novel in the series that looks like will bring Ender and Bean together again.

Jim Rada
lanedraven
Favorite Book: Tipping the Velvet
Currently Reading: Enders Game

Post by lanedraven »

I just finished Ender's Game, and am about to start Speaker for the Dead. I was just wondering what order you would recommend I read the other books in the series? I checked online and while some argue to read them chronologically, others propose reading them in curious order. Which do you think I should read next?
colour outside the lines.
Va_treehugger

Post by Va_treehugger »

I loved it. Read the entire series and the Bean series too. Think there is another Bean Book that is coming or has just come out.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”