Official Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Re: Official Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by desantismt_17 »

Sounds like the author really made some great metaphors with the fly fishing theme. Thanks for your review!
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

This book seems to be focused on the beautiful friendship between five women. I'm interested in knowing how they face challenges and to learn how to fly fish.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

Like you, I have no interest in fly fishing. But you’re right this is not just a story of fly fishing but a story of friendships of four women from different backgrounds who bonded on fly fishing. Great review!
fndirangu20
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: the girl who knew da vinci
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by fndirangu20 »

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Of friendship, support and building each other up. The rate of 4 stars is deserving.The fishing part not so much but unifying part that i like. 5 women together and there is no fighting or jealousy but encouragement and solutions, good work.
ochiengjr01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochiengjr01.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ochiengjr01 »

Nice review congrats! As for me I think a theme of friendship made the book interesting, encouraging and empowering just from the start of four women and later being joined by Melody as the fifth woman when she was being rescued.
MKRichards
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mkrichards.html
Latest Review: Boom! A Revolting Situation by Thomas Richard Harry

Post by MKRichards »

While I do not usually relish the idea of reading a book about fishing, the metaphor of catch and release in terms of relationships and real life events has me intrigued.
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zarah_ »

The Reel Sisters seems to tie in the characters' stories beautifully and is overall very moving.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

A beautiful story of five women who share a common passion over the sport of fly fishing. This sport of fly fishing unites these five women in an interesting relationship, and they develop a bond of understanding between them.
piecesfallapart
Currently Reading: The Nightingale
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-piecesfallapart.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by piecesfallapart »

If there is one think I never thought I would be reading is about women who do fly fishing. Honestly I was as ignorant in the subject as you can imagine, not being able to understand what the thing in the cover was until I Googled what fly fishing was. Well, I haven't read it, but the review made it seem, unquestionably, worth it.

Michelle Cummings tells the story of five women who bond over an uncommon sport, diverse ages, backgrounds but one common interest. Sounds like a group of friends I would have, or I would want to be a part of.

It made me feel happy that it is not a book about fishing, I do appreciate the fact that the process and experience of fishing are vividly described, because, like I said, I have no knowledge and I certainly appreciate a little help. But what made me feel I should not only read the sample, but read the whole book was the fact that this is a book about friendship, that I have had some of the troubles these women have and maybe my friends don't know it, or I don't want to talk to them, but I could become part of the group.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

Fly-fishing brings the women together and helps them keep their friendship. The story sounds quite interesting. However, this is not the kind of book that I would pick. Thanks for the review
Dawnks09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawnks09.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Dawnks09 »

A story of friendship is the greatest gift of every person. The book ia so captivating and the characters are riveting. Thanks for the nice review.
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

I am not into fishing at all but this book seems like much more than that. I am interested to read how such different women of varying age ranges can come together and learn from each other. Thanks for the great review and summary.
Give me the courage to get through this week...or at least a big bar of chocolate :D
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I had the chance to review this book a while ago and I completely agree with your rating. I enjoyed the beauty of the fishing as the author described it as well as the relationships. I also agree with you that this book is so much more than fishing. There seems to be something for everyone.
eddywiz9
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by eddywiz9 »

Having a good lasting relationship that is beneficial is what we need. The book speaks more About sharing common interest as group of friends in immence relationship...Thanks for your review
jadelyne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadelyne.html
Latest Review: The Elf Brief by Jordan David

Post by jadelyne »

This sounds like a book I would like to share with my sister. We like to pic a book we both then trade to read.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”