Official Review: Secure Desire by [email protected]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Re: Official Review: Secure Desire by [email protected]

Post by Morgan Jones »

MsTri wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 09:49 I'm not normally a fan of romance novels, especially those that don't the time to properly set up the love affair like this one, but I'm strangely intrigued by the mystery part and really curious about Cassie's past and her secret. Thanks for the introduction; now I have something to think about!
The author did a great job in creating a very complex mystery. I'm usually able to predict the ending once I reach half of the book, but this one definitely kept me on edge until the last page :D Thank you for commenting!
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:

Post by Morgan Jones »

Fuzaila wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 09:32
hence why I believe the book could seriously trigger some people as much as it could educate others, and I feel the need to advise the readers against reading it without keeping the above warnings in mind.
Incredible review Morgan! And thank you for the trigger warnings. While your review does make the book sound interesting, I'm not sure I'd like to delve into such intense topics. Thank you for your review :)
The book is definitely heavy and not everyone's taste, especially because of its explicit content. Thank you for your kind comment! :D
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonnie-shelby.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

There seem to be so many pros and cons for this book, I'm not entirely sure if I want to read it. Thank you for the detailed review though; you definitely managed to capture all the main points in a well-written way :)
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:

Post by Morgan Jones »

Bonnie Shelby wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 12:03 There seem to be so many pros and cons for this book, I'm not entirely sure if I want to read it. Thank you for the detailed review though; you definitely managed to capture all the main points in a well-written way :)
Do tell me your thoughts if you ever decid to read it! Thank you for your kind comment :D
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is a nice book it seems. The good thing I have noticed about is that it is intriguing and, therefore, one will find it hard to put it down once the journey of reading it has begun. Thanks for your nice review. I am not a fan of explicit scenes and so I will pass this.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:

Post by Morgan Jones »

Kibetious wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 12:42 This is a nice book it seems. The good thing I have noticed about is that it is intriguing and, therefore, one will find it hard to put it down once the journey of reading it has begun. Thanks for your nice review. I am not a fan of explicit scenes and so I will pass this.
Yes, this was the best thing about the storyline, at least to me. Thank you for commenting! :D
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

I love a plot twist! Especially when it's followed by a better, juicier plot twist! And then a few more :) I agree though, As the two characters you want to see flourish the most, it would be nice if Cassie and Ian's relationship was better developed.
Great review!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:

Post by Morgan Jones »

Bianka Walter wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 14:33 I love a plot twist! Especially when it's followed by a better, juicier plot twist! And then a few more :) I agree though, As the two characters you want to see flourish the most, it would be nice if Cassie and Ian's relationship was better developed.
Great review!
I completely agree with you! Thanks for commenting :D
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

This sounds like a brilliant romance! All those plot twists and the premise sounds awesome. Definitely want to read this.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:

Post by Morgan Jones »

JR Mercier wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 02:19 This sounds like a brilliant romance! All those plot twists and the premise sounds awesome. Definitely want to read this.
You really should! Thanks for commenting :D
Dahmy 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dahmy-10.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by Dahmy 10 »

Why would the characters have similar names, I counted this as a major flaw. Plus Cassie's character being inconsistent. I think there might be a lot of confusion here like you said.

It would mean a whole lot of patience is needed to appreciate the brilliance in this book, because I sense that too. Thank you very much!!
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

Thanks for this detailed review. I don't think this one is for me. But that's one of the benefits of reading a good review. It helps you make the right reading choice.
Yssimnar
Favorite Book: Wives and Daughters
Currently Reading: No Man Knows My History
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yssimnar.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by Yssimnar »

Thanks for the trigger warning and information about the detail. Your diagnosis that people will either be triggered or informed while reading this is a great way to explain it.
:wink:
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:

Post by Morgan Jones »

Dahmy 10 wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 07:34 Why would the characters have similar names, I counted this as a major flaw. Plus Cassie's character being inconsistent. I think there might be a lot of confusion here like you said.

It would mean a whole lot of patience is needed to appreciate the brilliance in this book, because I sense that too. Thank you very much!!
Exactly! Thank you for commenting :D
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:

Post by Morgan Jones »

Dael Reader wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 12:11 Thanks for this detailed review. I don't think this one is for me. But that's one of the benefits of reading a good review. It helps you make the right reading choice.
Thank you for your kind comment! :D

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”