Official Review: Heart of a Child

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Re: Official Review: Heart of a Child

Post by AmySmiles »

booklysis wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 10:41 I would love to recall my childhood back by reading this.
Enjoy! Thanks for the comment.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I really found it interesting to see how each writer used prompts to shape their story. I would love to read this one sometime.

Your review is really well-written.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder

Post by AmySmiles »

Samy Lax wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 23:03 I really found it interesting to see how each writer used prompts to shape their story. I would love to read this one sometime.

Your review is really well-written.
Thank you!
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Like as a child is so carefree and fantastic. I was always dreaming fanciful things. Thank you for a great review.
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

crediblereading2 wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 10:40 Like as a child is so carefree and fantastic. I was always dreaming fanciful things. Thank you for a great review.
Thanks for commenting.
–Author Unknown
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonnie-shelby.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

I've also thought about ditching my responsibilities and traveling back in time, but unfortunately, that's impossible ;) This sounds like an awesome book, though. Thanks for the great review!
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Bonnie Shelby wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 13:26 I've also thought about ditching my responsibilities and traveling back in time, but unfortunately, that's impossible ;) This sounds like an awesome book, though. Thanks for the great review!
You could do so at least in thought by reading this book. Thanks for the comment.
–Author Unknown
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

Wow, this is a great idea and method for self-reflection, as adults often forget how life was like before they were burdened with responsibility and routine. I'll make sure to add this book to my reading list. Excellent review!
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Morgan Jones wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 07:18 Wow, this is a great idea and method for self-reflection, as adults often forget how life was like before they were burdened with responsibility and routine. I'll make sure to add this book to my reading list. Excellent review!
Thank you, enjoy.
–Author Unknown
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I'm not usually drawn to short story collections, but this sound like a good one. I am especially intrigued by the idea that the authors have been given prompts. I do like to see how people take an idea and explore it through writing. Thanks for the review and the recommendation.
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Dael Reader wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 16:24 I'm not usually drawn to short story collections, but this sound like a good one. I am especially intrigued by the idea that the authors have been given prompts. I do like to see how people take an idea and explore it through writing. Thanks for the review and the recommendation.
It really does make it interesting. Thanks for the comment
–Author Unknown
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

AmySmiles wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 10:32 Each story includes the writing prompt that was used to help trigger the author’s imagination. I enjoyed this part of the book as it was interesting to see how each writer used the prompt to shape their story. The collection contained several different genres including fantasy, literary, romance, creative non-fiction, science fiction, paranormal, and other fiction. The book provides a list of 50 writing prompts at the end, if the reader feels inclined to join in and write their own stories.
Oh, I think I would love this book. I am so curious to see what all of the writing prompts are! That's really fun that they included them in the book. I have done writing exercises using prompts and find it is an inspiring way to shape a creative writing piece. I'm so glad to know about this book, and I really enjoyed reading your upbeat, comprehensive review. Thanks!
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Eva Darrington wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 20:00
AmySmiles wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 10:32 Each story includes the writing prompt that was used to help trigger the author’s imagination. I enjoyed this part of the book as it was interesting to see how each writer used the prompt to shape their story. The collection contained several different genres including fantasy, literary, romance, creative non-fiction, science fiction, paranormal, and other fiction. The book provides a list of 50 writing prompts at the end, if the reader feels inclined to join in and write their own stories.
Oh, I think I would love this book. I am so curious to see what all of the writing prompts are! That's really fun that they included them in the book. I have done writing exercises using prompts and find it is an inspiring way to shape a creative writing piece. I'm so glad to know about this book, and I really enjoyed reading your upbeat, comprehensive review. Thanks!
Enjoy. Thanks for commenting.
–Author Unknown
Beth KG
Favorite Book: Time and Again
Currently Reading: Practice the Jealous Arts
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth-kg.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Beth KG »

Very nice review! I looked for your reviews after seeing that you are MOTM. This sounds like a book with multiple attributes to recommend it. Good stories for younger children, good stories for adults and reading prompts all in one. Thank you for an easily readable, thorough review.
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Beth KG wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 10:04 Very nice review! I looked for your reviews after seeing that you are MOTM. This sounds like a book with multiple attributes to recommend it. Good stories for younger children, good stories for adults and reading prompts all in one. Thank you for an easily readable, thorough review.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read!
–Author Unknown

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”