Official Review: The Ordinary Life by Mario Kiefer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rikawa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Ordinary Life by Mario Kiefer

Post by Rikawa »

This is the first time i read a book by mario kiefer and god this is intense i love how he describe the emotions in each characters the description of events of whats happening feels like im watching it in cinema i cant stop reading it would love to read more books by mario kiefer hope its avaible here in the philippines😀😀
mariakavo88
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariakavo88.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mariakavo88 »

This book sounds like although there are some difficult themes, there are also other messages within these themes, such as love for ones family and friends. It seems as though this book is very deep and sounds like a great book. I am glad I got a free copy. Thanks for the review.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

This seems like an interesting story. The author exploring the psychological effects of sexual abuse makes it more appealing to me. Nice review.
BeautySuzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautysuzy.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by BeautySuzy »

Thanks for the review !
I appreciate the author's efforts in making this novel for different three stories, but unfortunately it is not my preferred genre.
Good luck !
Think outside of the books.
pixiestyx
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pixiestyx.html
Latest Review: The Blue Sea Monster by Norma Fleagane, James Fleagane, Blake James Ward
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by pixiestyx »

Sounds like this one might be a dark, heavy read. Maybe not for readers who are sensitive to such subject matter. Great review, though, of the book. Seems like it might be a must-read.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Can't imagine how Lucia must have felt learning that her husband was abusive. Then, to inflict that abuse on her sons? That must have been so terrible. Glad that you liked how protective Mateo was, but it's too bad that Mateo was also blamed for his friend's death. I can definitely see how being abused as a child would affect his adulthood. Too bad about the grammatical errors, but I like that it wasn't very distracting while you read. Glad you enjoyed this one. Thanks for sharing!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Nandy
Currently Reading: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Bookshelf Size: 170

Post by Nandy »

A very interesting review. This book has peaked my interest as I have always been interested in historical reviews. It sounds very moving and mind opening. I would really like to read this
Dawn_Sooy
Currently Reading: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawn-sooy.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Dawn_Sooy »

I usually shy away from this type of book, but after reading the pages provided on Amazon I ended up purchasing the book. The author has a style for writing that is engaging as well as contains a little bit of factual information. A long time ago, I was given a book to read that was historical fiction and historical fiction was not really something on my list of books to read. I started the book and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. To get back to this book, and I believe there is a quote somewhere in one of these replies, not judge a book by its cover. I'm taking this advice to expand my horizons and read The Ordinary Life. Thank you to Mario Kiefer for this wonderful opportunity.
Anna Maria 86
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-maria-86.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Anna Maria 86 »

Honestly, I didn't find the book that heavy. And it seems odd to me that you wouldn't mention all the intertwined parts about actual historical events, laws, people, etc. Fot me it was an important part of the book, and made it a really special and unique experience. I totally agree about rating it 4 stars, even though I also noticed some minor mistakes. Thanks for the review!
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

I'm glad you enjoyed the book, but I could already tell from the synopsis and your description that it is not for me. I'm just not interested in family dramas, and along with the themes of abuse and childhood torment, I don't think it's my cup of tea, but thanks for the informative review!
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

Personally, I don't want to read about spousal abuse or any form of abuse for that matter. Immigration issues also don't interest me.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

Thank you for the review. While the seemingly ordinary characters from this contemporary fiction seem to have complex and powerful stories around heartbreaking experiences and situations of abuse, I am afraid this is not the kind of books I usually read.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for the review! I found it very detailed :) I will have to pass on this book - it seems like a very emotionally-heavy book which I'd rather skip out on.
00LynnMarie
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-00lynnmarie.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by 00LynnMarie »

This book sounds like it contains some pretty heavy subject matter. The story of an immigrant family sounds like it will be interesting and sad. I will be placing this on my want to read shelf!
"There are times when the world is rearranging itself, and at times like that, the right words can change the world." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
vinkipc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinkipc.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by vinkipc »

An awesome story following the life's of two immigrants, from Italy and Mexico. They work so hard in the field and bore many children so has to increase the number of working hands. This will translate to better pays and many mouths to be feed. Their children though helpful grew with various life challenges. Sexual violence, domestic violence and false accusations. Thanks for your detailed review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”