Official Review: Just in Time by Joan L Jackson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
While in the forum's younger and less active days this used to be the one and only forum for "reviews and discussions about specific books", this is now just the subforum "other fiction" in a more well-organized "reviews and discussions about specific books" section with subforums for each genre. Check it out! :) Remember, the forums in the reviews section (including this forum) are for posting about a single book or series in topic, and the topic title should include the book's title. If you are creating a new topic, please try to post it in one of the other genres rather than posting it here in the "other fiction" section. This is only for books that do not fit in any of the other genre categories we have listed.
Supergirl1
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 166
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supergirl1.html
Latest Review: Obsess To Success by Cindy Koebele
Reading Device: B00M4L4NHY

Re: Official Review: Just in Time by Joan L Jackson

Post by Supergirl1 » 13 Jul 2018, 16:02

Cecilia_L wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 14:28
I believe we have so much to learn about many of the issues surrounding mental illness, and it sounds like this book is a valuable teaching tool. I appreciate your excellent review!
Thank you. I appreciate your beautiful comments too.

JR Mercier
2018 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: 2 Months in the Woods by Andrew Hamlin

Post by JR Mercier » 14 Jul 2018, 06:08

Schizophrenia is such a misconstrued mental illness. The stigma surrounding it and how people treat people suffering from it is appalling. I am so happy that there are more and more books tackling what it means to have a mental illness and just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't valid. Loved your review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor

bellaterrabooks
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 328
Currently Reading: American River: Tributaries
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellaterrabooks.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by bellaterrabooks » 15 Jul 2018, 19:45

Mental illness can be a very isolating part of the healthcare model, especially for the patient and their family members. It is very encouraging that more and more individuals are showing bravery by sharing their stories of mental illness and thereby helping other individuals who are experiencing mental illness to navigate their illness. From your review, it sounds as if this author has done an excellent job of bringing Steve's story to light with respect and sensitivity. It is further promising that the author uses language that is easy for the reader and not necessarily written in textbook form. I will definitely add this book to my list of book to read in the future. :)

Heavenly1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Heavenly1 » 17 Jul 2018, 11:19

Yes indeed, just in time is a very interesting book to read. Well I think, people in general somehow already have this mindset of thinking that "people with mental illness can possibly hurt us anytime". People in our society mistreated them at times. It would be nice to read this book and gather some insights that will help us to understand people with these conditions...

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”