Official Review: The Dinosaur Lawyer by Adam Van Susteren

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Re: Official Review: The Dinosaur Lawyer by Adam Van Susteren

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

Kate S wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 23:14 Oh god, this review reminded me of the whole "Is Pluto a planet?" debacle, and how people can be very stubborn about what they've been taught. Just imagine if this dinosaur case was leaked to the public. There'd be a firestorm of debate on all social media platforms. Was the public mentioned at all in the book?

The title did catch my attention, and your enthusiasm is infectious. You know what? I'm going to write this title down in my handy dandy notebook, and come back to it eventually. I don't mind heavier reads, but how easy could you follow the mathematical parts? That's the main thing I'm worried about. History and anthropology? I'm down. Math and physics? Someone please hold my hand.

Thanks for the review!
The issue of the public wan't really brought up. The case was kept low-profile during the story. So, the reader mostly sees what's going on in the court room and in the attorney's private home life.

All aspects of the book were simple enough for me to follow, math, physics, history, everything. Trust me, I need my hand held, too. :) The author did a really good job of breaking everything down and still making for an enjoyable read.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A legal thriller that challenges the existence of dinosaurs sounds original. I haven't heard of such a concept before. Attorney Aaron Baker is hired to by a billionaire to make the case that big dinosaurs never existed. Too bad about the repetitious court proceedings and the technical issue. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Scerakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

What a great concept for a novel! A mixed bag of illegal novel with something that questions everything we've been taught about dinosaurs, this novel is sure to be amusing.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

The Dinosaur Lawyer by Adam Van Susteren sounds great. I love the fact that the concept of the book is so unique and intriguing. I would love to read the whole book. Great work by the author.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

Thanks for the well-written review. The book seems to have a strange combination of dinosaurs and legal proceedings. It looks very interesting.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

It had not really occurred to me to question whether dinosaurs were real or not, and, to me, this is an unusual topic to write about. It sounds like the author did a good job, with a lot of research behind it. I am considering adding it to my list of books to read. Good review!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a legal thriller novel full of courtroom drama and the possible disproval of the existence of dinosaurs. The book is free on Kindle Unlimited. This is an amazing OnlineBookClub review that highlighted the best of the book.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

What an original concept for a book! It piqued my interest. Thank you for the excellent review.
yeancha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yeancha.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by yeancha »

Wow, a book about dinosaurs! I'd really love to check it out. However, I don't enjoy very technical books, I mean law plus maths and physics, wow. By the way, your review was beautifully written, makes me want to get out of my comfort zone and get a copy.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

Based on the review I don't think that this is something that I would enjoy reading. I am not a fan of reading novels with law, history or science as the main topics of the story. I will pass on reading this book.
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

This is not really my genre, but I hope this book can indeed question with validity through use of logic and proper evidence.
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

Huh, makes me wonder about dinosaurs, too. I mean, all we have to go on is what we've been told scientists have discovered. Who knows? Thanks for your review!
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
0017meow
Currently Reading: Magical house for sale
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by 0017meow »

Nice... A story that contains many facts and pieces of information can help my rusted brain sometimes. :D
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds quite interesting. I wouldn't have thought about trying to prove that Dinosaurs are all an elaborate hoax. It really makes me want to read to find out if they actually do prove it. Thanks so much for the entertaining review!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I'm not very good at science, so the technical aspects of this novel scare me a bit, but I like the idea of questioning things we've been told are facts. I think a healthy dose of skepticism can enrich our worldview.
It's obvious you enjoyed the novel and your enthusiasm is contagious, thank you!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”