Official Review: Permission Granted: The Journey from Tra...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Re: Official Review: Permission Granted: The Journey from Tra...

Post by Kendra M Parker »

JR Mercier wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 09:55
Kendra M Parker wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 07:03 I know you mentioned traumas such as rape and sexual abuse, but what about traumas such as adoption or abandonment? Would this book be general enough to support healing from those types of traumas as well?
While it does predominantly focus on rape and sexual assault, I personally believe it could apply to any type of trauma.
Thank you for that assessment!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thank you for the lovely review! It seems like an emotional and inspiring read, and I liked your reference to The Lion King!
Good7girl
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Good7girl »

This book touches a wide range of people male and female. Abuse, sexual, verbal, mental affects our friends, family and ourselves. Being a person who suffered physical abuse. I can understand this book.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

Thanks for the review. I wouldn't read the book for me but possibly those around me. Often those around us are either grief-stricken or are simply going through traumatic experiences and when they look to us for help, we neither know what to say nor how to act. It sounds like the book has this covered.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

Good7girl wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 14:56 This book touches a wide range of people male and female. Abuse, sexual, verbal, mental affects our friends, family and ourselves. Being a person who suffered physical abuse. I can understand this book.
It makes me so sad when I see how many people, myself included, have been affected. I pray that this new world and speaking out about these things will lead to a better future.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
JR Mercier
Currently Reading:

Post by JR Mercier »

Faithmwangi wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 18:20 Thanks for the review. I wouldn't read the book for me but possibly those around me. Often those around us are either grief-stricken or are simply going through traumatic experiences and when they look to us for help, we neither know what to say nor how to act. It sounds like the book has this covered.
That is one of the things I loved about this book. The writer has advice on both. She even explains the differences between sympathy and empathy and how they usually feel to the traumatized person. Thank you for the great comment.
JR Mercier
Currently Reading:

Post by JR Mercier »

Kendra M Parker wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 07:06
JR Mercier wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 09:55
Kendra M Parker wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 07:03 I know you mentioned traumas such as rape and sexual abuse, but what about traumas such as adoption or abandonment? Would this book be general enough to support healing from those types of traumas as well?
While it does predominantly focus on rape and sexual assault, I personally believe it could apply to any type of trauma.
Thank you for that assessment!
No problem! I love that you asked because it is very important and I should have mentioned that in my review. Thank you and I hope this book helps those who choose to read it.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”