Review by Shanne003 -- Guardian of Deceit

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Shanne003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanne003.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Review by Shanne003 -- Guardian of Deceit

Post by Shanne003 » 28 Jun 2018, 07:33

[Following is a volunteer review of "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Guardian of Deceit is a book written by William H. Coles which consists of 316 pages and 66 chapters. The story is all about Darwin, a teen ager who was left in the care of his new guardian who is a famous foot ball player. The book covers his life as he battles obstacles that kept him from reaching his dream and the people whom he met along his journey.

In my perspective, the book was fair and I gave it a 2 out of 4 stars . The main reason I rated this book fair was that the book had a few plot twist or thrilling scenes which most of the readers around my age finds in a story. Aside from that, it failed to give me the curiosity of what happens next and keep on reading until the last page, although I read it until the end. It did not also gave me the thrill of the conflict that I was expecting when I read the description of the book.

I also think that the scenes portrayed in the story lacks cohesion and it was so fast paced that there were many holes in the timeline wherein it made me wonder, how did that happen?. In addition, even though the book has a mix of romance, mystery, action and etc., it did not connect to the reader and it was still boring. The ending was also fair because it does not give you a reaction that makes you go wow in amazement, or oooh because it answered all your questions, or awww because you were moved by the ending.

Despite this, there still something good about book because it gave me a glimpse of reality where it pictured dream, family, marriage, adulthood and other aspects of society. In addition, it could also inspire some readers to dream and make ways to achieve their dream like what Darwin, the main character in the story did. The book also contained a diverse mix of characters that at least gave me someone to meet in the story even though some characters are not well developed. The book's mood was also serious as it involves serious matters.

If you are looking for a book that would give you laughter, goosebumps, butterflies in the stomach, curiosity and adventure of a lifetime then this book is not for you. The book may work on those people who can relate to or had experienced some of the themes in the book like adultery or marriage.

Guardian of Deceit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Shanne003's review? Post a comment saying so!

Cecilia_L
Currently Reading: Understanding the Power of Resilience Economy
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: God's Pen by Harry C. Smith

Post by Cecilia_L » 05 Jul 2018, 13:38

I also reviewed this book and I completely agree with your rating. You also raise a good point about lack of cohesion. I really wasn't able to connect with Darwin.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”