Official Review: I Thought I was Normal by RB Wright

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
While in the forum's younger and less active days this used to be the one and only forum for "reviews and discussions about specific books", this is now just the subforum "other fiction" in a more well-organized "reviews and discussions about specific books" section with subforums for each genre. Check it out! :) Remember, the forums in the reviews section (including this forum) are for posting about a single book or series in topic, and the topic title should include the book's title. If you are creating a new topic, please try to post it in one of the other genres rather than posting it here in the "other fiction" section. This is only for books that do not fit in any of the other genre categories we have listed.
julessawyer
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 36
Currently Reading: The Lost Continent
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julessawyer.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Re: Official Review: I Thought I was Normal by RB Wright

Post by julessawyer » 01 Jul 2018, 02:59

Well it's true many people who are suicidal tried to asked for help but most people just ignore them if not humiliate and stigmatized them. We need more books like this to spread awareness. When you're suffering from depression you're in a limbo of negative thoughts mostly about yourself so don't get annoyed for the main protagonist negativity. Thanks for the review.

Miriam Molina
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2017 Reading Goal: 36
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 102
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-molina.html
Latest Review: Wordstruck! by Susanna Janssen
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Miriam Molina » 04 Jul 2018, 02:58

Normal is perhaps the most difficult word to define when it's mental health that is in question. Science can define a normal BP, pulse, temperature, etc. But how does one know what attitude or emotional response is normal? We are all unique and "abnormal" in hundreds of different ways.

Faithmwangi
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 18
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Faithmwangi » 12 Jul 2018, 01:40

It's sad how people suffer silently when they could speak out and get the help they need.As for those who speak and get no help ,its probably because of the lack of awareness and understanding by those whom they ask for help.This is a crucial issue that should be made better known to help both the victims and the victims friends and families. I dont think i will be reading this book, but i appreciate the great review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”