Review by bangun89 -- Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bangun89
2018 Reading Goal: 3
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 166
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bangun89.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Review by bangun89 -- Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by bangun89 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

A Novel tells about the experiences of a priest who came from England who was assigned in Florida, USA. His job is to preach the Gospel and be there for the parishioners who genuinely need him, while making sure that he has enough resources to keep going. Sounds like a ministry to his member.

He was sure he had never been able to understand the American daily lifestyle. There are many things that differ between the habits he encounters in his home environment that different from his new environment. The differences are in temperature and weather, speaking accent, lifestyle, and sense of humor. Sometimes these differences make him became strange in the eyes of the people he meets, but he tries to adapt it. Similarly, with a nickname that often he is called. He always tried to introduce himself by the name of Frank and hope others called him by that name, but no one called him by the name frank but greet him as Father or Father Francis.

The first time he serving as a parish appointed by the Diocese, makes him very excited even though nerves often hit him while serving the congregation. He began to force himself by pumping his self-confidence and independence in the hope of serving the congregation as well as possible. He tried to prepare himself carefully for the ministry he would do so that he would not become a mockery in front of his congregation.

Although the new church environment where he duty is not easy he conquer. The first time he reject to material aid from the church's main donors which resulted in unexpected effects. Apparently the rejected main donator became unhappy and then he spread the bad news about the young priest. The bad news spread in the congregation environment led to the church he leads gradually quiet. The community of the congregation and the surrounding environment seem to boycott him. No single person came to a morning mass that he led. This incident made him feel sad and frustrated. But the support of friends and some people who supported him made him eager again to fix the problems that face the church. Until then there was an accident happened to the young priest where the accident even dismantle things about the existence of injustice and crimes that have not been publicly known. The success of exposing the injustices and crimes that took place in his environment made the image of this young priest became shine and his church congregation returned. This novel ends with a very happy story.

Reading this novel is fun because easy language, interesting story and humorous storyline make this novel very interesting. This novel is very inspiring, enlightening and encouraging. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Can I Be Frank?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bangun89's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”