Official Review: Autobiography of God by Rajan Schrenick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Re: Official Review: Autobiography of God by Rajan Schrenick

Post by revna01 »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 10:43 This sounds interesting. The author's perspective about the people and their belief about God is very interesting, but this won't be my first preference as a book to read though. Thank you for your review!
Thanks for reading and commenting on my review!
revna01
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

DathanReeves wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 14:59 This book would be a curious counterargument against the book of Job.
Thanks for reading and commenting on my review!
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Kat Berg wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 16:16 I could read an article on this or a short (flash fiction) story, but not an entire book, no matter how well written. I do appreciate that he starts things out with a warning. Thanks for the review.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my review!
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Katerina Katapodi wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 17:27 This book of Mr Rajan Schrenick ''Autobiography of God'' is another task of man's free will and spiritual work. Everybody is free to express his own ideas and believe in what he/she wants. This is already an advantage on side of author to give readers a dimension more on the ''image'' of God than existence of Him.
The book is well written, in intellegence, witting once more experiences that are specific to every man, as well as one's own personality, to accept and believe, thus express his/her own points of view, one's perspective on such an important matter.
The style of author is very good, and descriptive, and shows responsibility also of writer, even if it's addressed to deeply religious/pious persons. Style, by being literate, shows also deep concept of God, realism on this side, though it's mostly addressd to atheists to enhance their point of view, that God doesn't actually exist, may be not exactly that, but the image of God as it's formed and conceived by humans. There's not actually offense ofany religious symbole, mainly the one of God itself.
Although I am a deeply religious and God believing person, from many events of my life that pushed me by far to believe and worship God, included Christ of course, but also accept other religious, monotheirstic religions, such as Islam and Mohammed, teaching ''Justice''.
For a mature and freely thinking man, book does not provide or cause any inconvenience, since belief is more a matter of heart than spirit, unless one..has some or enough evidence on real God's existence, but I have great respect also for writer, and I wouldn't be disturbed by views that I don't share. I recognize and respect aspects of others who don't agree with ''me''. Let me say, that we all wonder, Who this God really is, and I think that if one lives long, until the end of his/her life, will have the time to think, and decide by the end of his/her life. I recognize the courage that author took to write such book as well as his style of writing. I give 3 finally to the author, as a human being like all of us, for his effort at least, and I also respect the kind of experiences this person had throughout his life, to believe or not believe in God, as well as his free right to express himself the way he wants...
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my review
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Riszell wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 01:31 I do believe in God but I also can't help sometimes to wonder why He let some certain things happen, particularly bad things to people who don't deserve them. It would be nice to have some perspective through this book but then again, it all comes down to faith in Him.
That's a question people have always, and will always struggle with. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my review
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Katerina Katapodi wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 02:35 Yes, You are right in your opinion(-s) and aspects about mainly what ''essentially'' God is. I have had similar experiences, God let some bad things happen to me, and for long time. However my faith has remained stable, and little by little, I saw the benefits in my life..from faith to Him..
THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, Of course all these things and matter that concern God, and His image on Earth, deserve to be discussed widely, but cannot be exhausted easily, throughout a conversation/discussion.
Thank You by All means!! And let people feel and think spontaneously on Him, studying also, at least reading his main points of ''Speech'' on Earth'' to be able to deepen more in His existence and Essence..
Thank you for your comment on my review
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Helen_Combe wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 05:33 Great review. Certainly a controversial subject which sounds very interesting. Pity about the repetitiveness.
I agree! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my review!
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Katerina Katapodi wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 06:14 Thank You, all the Best!-Your advice is useful...
Thanks for your comments on my review
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Helen_Combe wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 06:16
Katerina Katapodi wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 06:14 Thank You, all the Best!-Your advice is useful...
Just in case, I meant the repetitiveness in the book, I wasn't criticising your review. :shock2:
I didn't take it as such. There was certainly repetition to Book Two that I had to mention. Thanks for clarifying in any case!
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

SABRADLEY wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 09:42 :D
Helen_Combe wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 06:16
Just in case, I meant the repetitiveness in the book, I wasn't criticising your review. :shock2:
I didn't take it as such. There was certainly repetition to Book Two that I had to mention. Thanks for clarifying in any case!
Oh good :D
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Katerina Katapodi wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 06:33 Okay, I understand and appreciate Too!
ALL THE BEST!!
Katerina, I believe these posters are commenting on my review... Thanks for the participation though :)
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

SABRADLEY wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 09:44
Katerina Katapodi wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 06:33 Okay, I understand and appreciate Too!
ALL THE BEST!!
Katerina, I believe these posters are commenting on my review... Thanks for the participation though :)
Oh hang on, I think that might have been me getting confused over replies. Sorry. :lol:
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
revna01

Post by revna01 »

:lol2:
Helen_Combe wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 09:46
SABRADLEY wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 09:44
ALL THE BEST!!
Oh hang on, I think that might have been me getting confused over replies. Sorry. :lol:
:lol2: not sure where the confusion started, but no worries!
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

This sounds thought-provoking and when I come across "superb" writing quality as I open a book, I breathe a literal sigh of relief - smooth sailing ahead. (Poor writing and editing literally kills any story that otherwise could have been so alive.) I certainly believe in God and am a Christian, particularly, but I like to read things like this regardless. Nothing is going to convince me that God doesn't exist or is contrived by man, but books such as this one do give a really interesting glimpse into others' thinking on the subject. People and their thought patterns are endlessly interesting, whether I agree with them or not. Thanks for the great review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

From the obvious title and your detailed review, the book seems to be controversial and not for me. I'm more into light-hearted reading so I'm going to skip this one.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”