Official Review: Autobiography of God by Rajan Schrenick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Re: Official Review: Autobiography of God by Rajan Schrenick

Post by elivia05 »

This sounds so interesting! Great review!
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Glad to know about the author's understanding in subject of God. I do believe in God and I do have this habit of asking and listening for other people's opinion on God. However, I don't think I will be reading this book. I'm sure this book will have its' own readers. Thank you for your review.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

I respect the author's view but I don't think this book is for me. I don't agree with this: "At first, God sees man as a plaything to entertain Himself with, but as He observes Man acting independently, He begins to form a fatherly bond with his creation. Before long, Man stops playing by the implied rules and the relationship takes an unfortunate turn." and more. So I will bypass reading this book. Thanks for the wonderful review.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

SamSim wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 10:10 This sounds thought-provoking and when I come across "superb" writing quality as I open a book, I breathe a literal sigh of relief - smooth sailing ahead. (Poor writing and editing literally kills any story that otherwise could have been so alive.) I certainly believe in God and am a Christian, particularly, but I like to read things like this regardless. Nothing is going to convince me that God doesn't exist or is contrived by man, but books such as this one do give a really interesting glimpse into others' thinking on the subject. People and their thought patterns are endlessly interesting, whether I agree with them or not. Thanks for the great review!
Thanks for your thoughts! Much appreciated :)
revna01
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

daniya__shah3 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 14:22 From the obvious title and your detailed review, the book seems to be controversial and not for me. I'm more into light-hearted reading so I'm going to skip this one.
Completely understandable! Thanks so much for stopping by :)
revna01

Post by revna01 »

ParadoxicalWoman wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 10:12 Glad to know about the author's understanding in subject of God. I do believe in God and I do have this habit of asking and listening for other people's opinion on God. However, I don't think I will be reading this book. I'm sure this book will have its' own readers. Thank you for your review.
Thank you for commenting on my review!
revna01

Post by revna01 »

Dolor wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 21:53 I respect the author's view but I don't think this book is for me. I don't agree with this: "At first, God sees man as a plaything to entertain Himself with, but as He observes Man acting independently, He begins to form a fatherly bond with his creation. Before long, Man stops playing by the implied rules and the relationship takes an unfortunate turn." and more. So I will bypass reading this book. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Thanks so much for reading and sharing your thoughts! Much appreciated :)
revna01

Post by revna01 »

elivia05 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 22:14 This sounds so interesting! Great review!
Thanks so much for commenting!
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

I would certainly be in the category or who should not read this book. As a believer in the. Bible, the idea of someone writing their own thoughts as if God said it deeply concerns me for the author. However, it does mean the author is deeply thinking about God and no one is ever too far away for God to reach in His own time and ways.
revna01

Post by revna01 »

DancingLady wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 15:11 I would certainly be in the category or who should not read this book. As a believer in the. Bible, the idea of someone writing their own thoughts as if God said it deeply concerns me for the author. However, it does mean the author is deeply thinking about God and no one is ever too far away for God to reach in His own time and ways.
Yeah, based on what you said, you would find this book despicable. Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts :)
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I commend you on judging this book on its own merits not on your own beliefs. So many people get offended or defensive when reading/discussing views different from their own. Your review is very balanced and fair.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

It seems the book title is a bit misleading but it is noted that the author put a caveat. I just might be tempted to read this book just to see how far along or off the author leads with respect to God.
revna01

Post by revna01 »

teacherjh wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 03:05 I commend you on judging this book on its own merits not on your own beliefs. So many people get offended or defensive when reading/discussing views different from their own. Your review is very balanced and fair.
Thank you so much for saying this. I think you're right in that it's hard to depersonalize content and be objective at times. The ultimate goal in my reviews is to be fair, reasonable, and well-rounded. I truly appreciate your comments here. :)
revna01

Post by revna01 »

ea_anthony wrote: 03 Jul 2018, 18:03 It seems the book title is a bit misleading but it is noted that the author put a caveat. I just might be tempted to read this book just to see how far along or off the author leads with respect to God.
That's a great way to look at a book with controversial material: read for yourself and see what you think. It read as a work of complete fiction to me, but I'd be curious how others perceive it as well.. Thank you for commenting :)
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

Really great review. The book title is misleading unfortunately as I think an autobiography of God would be an interesting concept for a book...

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”