Official Review: Casanova Cowboy by Jo Ann Bender

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supergirl1.html
Latest Review: Unhinged by Steve Galley
Reading Device: B00M4L4NHY

Official Review: Casanova Cowboy by Jo Ann Bender

Post by Supergirl1 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Casanova Cowboy" by Jo Ann Bender.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jo Ann Bender brings every woman’s fantasy cowboy to life in her novel called Casanova Cowboy. She weaves an engaging tale of how life in Rusty Springs, a small town in Montana, quickly gets interesting when a new young and handsome man moves into the neighborhood. If you love countryside stories, then you need to get this one.

At the beginning of the story, we are introduced to the town’s official grapevine; the Stitch ‘N Bitchers. This is a gathering of some towns’ women, both single and married, who come together regularly to share the most recent news in Rusty Springs. Presently, the hot gist is about the dashing eligible cowboy coming to work on the Olivers’ ranch. The youngest of the women, high spirited Stormy Swift, is excited by this news and hopes to land a great catch in this new town addition.

Lance Turbyfill has never lacked female attention. He’s a Vietnam War veteran with both physical and emotional scars, but he goes through life with a bubbly spirit and is always glad to be of help; in any capacity. His charm and charisma are the reason why so many women get attracted to him, and he returns the favor to as many as he can. Clair, who lives in Winnemucca with her disabled husband Mark, describes the period after he left Winnemucca as one of the darkest periods in her life. Joy Ann Oliver, his employer’s wife also finds herself drawn to him. Will he finally settle in Montana or will he continue on his journey through life, leaving a trail of broken hearts in his wake?

This story highlights one of my favorite guiding principles: “There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.” The hero, Lance, derives happiness from helping people in need, and from being a useful member of the community. Despite the fact that he is battling with post-traumatic stress from his time at war, he is a ray of sunshine to many lives, including that of bad-tempered Mark. He strongly believes that helping people is the right thing to do. The world as we know it would be in a terrible place without people like that.

The author tells a refreshing tale packed with everything country. Beer, camaraderie, small shops, local urchins, jungle justice, horses, bushfires, community gatherings, the occasional rattlesnake, and the local beau. She serves a healthy-sized helping of romance with a pinch of sex; in a nice, flavourful combination. This is one story you will want to get to the bottom of. The tale is mildly suspenseful; you can almost guess what happens next if you think hard enough. You will find your guesses were wrong a few times, though.

I am incapable of saying much about the formatting. This is because the book I received looked more like a manuscript still being edited. Cover pages, introductory pages, and publishers’ notes were all missing. There was an awkwardly placed box containing a note at the beginning of the first chapter. As such, I can only rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I am confident the finished book will earn a perfect rating.

Casanova Cowboy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Supergirl1's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like a good mix of romance and suspense. I'm not really into cowboys or romance novels, but I'm glad that you enjoyed this one. Thanks for the great review. I'm sure the author will do some editing to make it a perfect 4 star book!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I love romantic tales and I would really like to know how the relationship ends for Stormy Swift and the handsome young cowboy. Thank you for a great review.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

Certainly sounds like a great cowboy romance. Stormy Swift sounds like a vivacious character! Once it is edited, I'm sure it will be a great book, especially for romance fans.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 684
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Cowboy Playboy this Lance. I can imagine them ladies oohing and aahing. Will Stormy be their envy? I would like to read this book about rural America and join the Stitch 'N Bitchers' juicy conversations. Yeehaw!
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

I'm not sure if this book is for me. However, I must say that you have got pretty amazing reviewing skills. Thanks for the review!
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

kandscreeley wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 07:47 This sounds like a good mix of romance and suspense. I'm not really into cowboys or romance novels, but I'm glad that you enjoyed this one. Thanks for the great review. I'm sure the author will do some editing to make it a perfect 4 star book!
I’m sure she will. Thanks for reading my review. :)
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

crediblereading2 wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 10:33 I love romantic tales and I would really like to know how the relationship ends for Stormy Swift and the handsome young cowboy. Thank you for a great review.
I’m glad you enjoyed the review. Stormy was one of my favorite characters in the book too.
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

KristyKhem wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 10:37 Certainly sounds like a great cowboy romance. Stormy Swift sounds like a vivacious character! Once it is edited, I'm sure it will be a great book, especially for romance fans.
She’s a positive handful. She’s kind and really likeable, too. I loved how she decides on what she wants and goes for it.
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

Miriam Molina wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 11:27 Cowboy Playboy this Lance. I can imagine them ladies oohing and aahing. Will Stormy be their envy? I would like to read this book about rural America and join the Stitch 'N Bitchers' juicy conversations. Yeehaw!
The Stitch ‘N Bitchers had all the gist. I wish we had one like that in my neighbourhood growing up. :) I wouldn’t be allowed as a child but I could eavesdrop and catch up right?
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

daniya__shah3 wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 13:45 I'm not sure if this book is for me. However, I must say that you have got pretty amazing reviewing skills. Thanks for the review!
Thank you! I’m glad to know you enjoyed the review. :D
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

Supergirl1 wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 12:21
Jo Ann Bender brings every woman’s fantasy cowboy to life in her novel called Casanova Cowboy. She weaves an engaging tale of how life in Rusty Springs, a small town in Montana, quickly gets interesting when a new young and handsome man moves into the neighborhood. If you love countryside stories, then you need to get this one.
This alone had me sold!

Casanova Cowboy sounds like my kind of book so I am reading it as soon as I get the chance! :D Great review, mate. I love your avatar, by the way.
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:

Post by Supergirl1 »

Ever_Reading wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 11:00
This alone had me sold!

Casanova Cowboy sounds like my kind of book so I am reading it as soon as I get the chance! :D Great review, mate. I love your avatar, by the way.
Thank you! I love yours too. That guy was one of my favorite characters in Zootopia.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

Supergirl1 wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 12:22
Ever_Reading wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 11:00
This alone had me sold!

Thank you! I love yours too. That guy was one of my favorite characters in Zootopia.
Why, thank you! Nick Wilde is a pretty cool fox :-D :icon-mrgreen:
Jonatan156
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Jonatan156 »

This story is very good for the cowboys, I remember when my father told me these types of stories to go to sleep ... I'll see if I buy the complete book

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”