Official Review: Silk Road by Kenneth Canatsey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nimat87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimat87.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Silk Road by Kenneth Canatsey

Post by Nimat87 »

Thanks for a very comprehensive and impressive review! A book on exploration of different places and cultures is a yes for me any day. This sounds really engaging too.
'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. '
-Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy (1926).
:eusa-think: :clap: :escribir:
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

The theme of journey and adventures has always intrigued me and the way you have put forward your opinion has made this book seem a lot more interesting. I think I'll give this book a read sometime.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

Nimat87 wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 04:22 Thanks for a very comprehensive and impressive review! A book on exploration of different places and cultures is a yes for me any day. This sounds really engaging too.
It was truly an interesting read! Thanks for your very kind comment! :)
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

daniya__shah3 wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 05:18 The theme of journey and adventures has always intrigued me and the way you have put forward your opinion has made this book seem a lot more interesting. I think I'll give this book a read sometime.
Great! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks for your kind comment! :)
Maina Kevin92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Maina Kevin92 »

Very detailed review of the book without giving so much,it as well arouses your curiosity about the various destinations travelled,the experiences as well as the motivation behind the travels.
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

Maina Kevin92 wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 05:47 Very detailed review of the book without giving so much,it as well arouses your curiosity about the various destinations travelled,the experiences as well as the motivation behind the travels.
Thank you for your kind comment. It was a great book! :)
julessawyer
Currently Reading: The Lost Continent
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julessawyer.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by julessawyer »

nice review! i want to read this particularly because it features nepal! other parts are just added bonus for me if ever. is description of local food is detailed? thanks for the review. i agree about how much you want to give a book a perfect because its a great read regardless of some grammar errors. but the system does not allow us. :)
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

julessawyer wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 07:03 nice review! i want to read this particularly because it features nepal! other parts are just added bonus for me if ever. is description of local food is detailed? thanks for the review. i agree about how much you want to give a book a perfect because its a great read regardless of some grammar errors. but the system does not allow us. :)
Thank you! Oh, you're interested in Nepal? I've always wanted to go there (I have a friend from there who has said so many great things about it). Yes, there are a lot of food details! I don't recall specifically if food is discussed in the Nepal section, but food is generally mentioned in regards to almost all of the countries, so I assume so. I love reading about food!

Thanks for your comment! :)
Ana-Maria-Diana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-maria-diana.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ana-Maria-Diana »

I see this book as a buildungsroman and it appears to be interesting. Ken has some amazing experiences during his trip.
julessawyer
Currently Reading: The Lost Continent
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julessawyer.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by julessawyer »

Camille Turner wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 13:34
julessawyer wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 07:03 nice review! i want to read this particularly because it features nepal! other parts are just added bonus for me if ever. is description of local food is detailed? thanks for the review. i agree about how much you want to give a book a perfect because its a great read regardless of some grammar errors. but the system does not allow us. :)
Thank you! Oh, you're interested in Nepal? I've always wanted to go there (I have a friend from there who has said so many great things about it). Yes, there are a lot of food details! I don't recall specifically if food is discussed in the Nepal section, but food is generally mentioned in regards to almost all of the countries, so I assume so. I love reading about food!

Nepal is one of the country that I want to live in. I'm currently saving money so I can go there. I envy your friend!
Books that describe foods within its pages are good books. :D
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

Ana-Maria-Diana wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 01:46 I see this book as a buildungsroman and it appears to be interesting. Ken has some amazing experiences during his trip.
Yes, it absolutely is!
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

julessawyer wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 02:21
Camille Turner wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 13:34

Nepal is one of the country that I want to live in. I'm currently saving money so I can go there. I envy your friend!
Books that describe foods within its pages are good books. :D
Ah, good luck! I hope you get to go there soon. :) Yes, I agree!
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

I love travelling and I love a good travel book. This sounds like a good one. Like you, I enjoy either relating to the description of a place or wishing I could visit!
Camille Turner

Post by Camille Turner »

Julie Green wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 17:12 I love travelling and I love a good travel book. This sounds like a good one. Like you, I enjoy either relating to the description of a place or wishing I could visit!
Travel books are the best! :) Thanks for reading my review and taking the time to comment!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”