Official Review: Accumulation by Buan Boonaca

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Re: Official Review: Accumulation by Buan Boonaca

Post by Vickie Noel »

tkrapish wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 19:21 This book sounds very interesting. I really enjoyed your review. I was drawn to this book because I enjoy books that have characters that are seen as different from society's point of view. Thank you for confirming my suspicions when you stated "there are two sides to every story." I can't wait to read the book to see how the story evolves.
In that case, you'll have a swell time reading how Cam handles "being in the spotlight." Thanks for your gracious words.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 21:19 A bit of everything makes it a good read. Your synopsis kept my interest on the run. Sounds like a read that will keep you sticked for a long longgggg time. Thank you for a delightful review!
Thanks for the feedback. Indeed, you'd be stuck on the pages the minute you start!
Amanda Deck
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Sight For Psychic Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-deck.html
Latest Review: Winds of Fall by Alberto Mercado

Post by Amanda Deck »

You talked about laughing through this book, how's this? I found an interview with the author and here's a quote from him:
"Due to some naïve decisions, I made in my youth and because of someone’s misguided sense of vengeance, I went bankrupt and lost everything. I was familiar with Buddhism’s idea of letting go of attachments to the material world as the first step towards enlightenment and since I had nothing left, I figured I was already part way there and decided to become a Buddhist."
Yes, I think I'll enjoy this book. I read the sample of it on Amazon and am ready to read the rest of it!
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

Amanda Deck wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 21:57 You talked about laughing through this book, how's this? I found an interview with the author and here's a quote from him:
"Due to some naïve decisions, I made in my youth and because of someone’s misguided sense of vengeance, I went bankrupt and lost everything. I was familiar with Buddhism’s idea of letting go of attachments to the material world as the first step towards enlightenment and since I had nothing left, I figured I was already part way there and decided to become a Buddhist."
Yes, I think I'll enjoy this book. I read the sample of it on Amazon and am ready to read the rest of it!
Ahhh, that explains **** part of the story! Wow, thanks for this tidbit! Yes, the author has a good sense of humour, both in the his narration and in the characters actions. There's one in particular, at the beach but *spoiler!!!* Thanks for reading and researching! :wink:
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am totally intrigued by this unusual story. Cam accumulated more than he aimed for. He is now a marked man. I wonder wherefrom Buan drew inspiration for this tale.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

Miriam Molina wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 01:08 I am totally intrigued by this unusual story. Cam accumulated more than he aimed for. He is now a marked man. I wonder wherefrom Buan drew inspiration for this tale.
Yes, indeed! Nice application of the book title to the protagonist. A commenter remarked about the author's transition to Buddhism and I found the links between his interview statements and Cam's actions. So it's safe to say he drew some inspiration from personal experiences. Thanks for stopping by.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Great review. I'm so interested. How and why are the tattoos appearing? Who is this mysterious stranger? It's one I'll have to look into since it's so well written. Thanks for the information.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

I'm glad it's piqued your interest, kandscreeley! Would love to hear your thoughts after reading. Thanks for visiting.
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

That sounds like a really unusual premise for a book. Thanks for the review, you’ve made me want to read it.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

I'm happy to hear that. Thanks for popping in.
Watt Eric
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Watt Eric »

This is a very powerful review!. it's luring i can't wait to...!, you really explored it thank you.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

Watt Eric wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 19:07 This is a very powerful review!. it's luring i can't wait to...!, you really explored it thank you.
Thanks a lot for your heartwarming feedback, highly appreciated.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

ADP wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 14:44 life is a matter of choice The decision you take today go a long way to affect your tomorrow! Just like big brother cam. .
Exactly. Well said, ADP!
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

Amanda Deck wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 16:06 Vickie, when I read, "I found myself smiling, chuckling and out-rightly laughing throughout this breezy read," that added to my interest in this book. And like SamSim, I immediately thought of The Illustrated Man and wanted to reread that too.
This book sounds intriguing. I'm definitely curious about the mystery man, his purpose, and how things turn out for poor Cam caught in his life-altering -- and even life-defining -- situation. It's interesting to read of people's thoughts on "stereotypical reactions" because they reflect changing attitudes to accepting our human biology. We naturally feel more comfortable with the familiar even as our attention is caught by novelty. In modern American society, it's now unacceptable to be uncomfortable with the unfamiliar or even notice it! I've wondered if this is a human attempt to overcome our "animal" biology and be something greater. And I wonder if this is possible or even desirable. I think I need to read this book.
I love your take on this. I haven't read The Illustrated Man but with the references from you and SamSim, I'll need to delve into it. Thanks for your rather thoughtful feedback and I'm sure you'll enjoy the read.
Suzy1611
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Suzy1611 »

The phenomena of the tattoos, makes you wonder. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”