Official Review: Desiderata by Aakash Doshi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Re: Official Review: Desiderata by Aakash Doshi

Post by AmySmiles »

SABRADLEY wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 16:37 Pity it was not what you were hoping for. At least it was a short book so you didn't have to be disappointed for long ;) Thanks for a great review!
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for the comment!
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder

Post by AmySmiles »

Cotwani wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 15:46 Sorry that the poems seem disjointed. Thanks for thorough review.
Thank you for the comment!
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

teacherjh wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 17:55 Sorry it was such a disappointment. Hopefully you love your next one.
Thanks for commenting! I'm sure I'll find one soon that I'll love.
–Author Unknown
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

CommMayo wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 10:19 Well written review. I'm too afraid to select a poetry book on this site, so I applaud your bravery!
I'm curious as to why you are afraid, do you enjoy poetry? I do have to say the ones I've seen so far have left a lot to be desired. Thanks for the comment.
–Author Unknown
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

Interesting. Does the author make any notes in the book about why he chose the title Desiderata? Because that's the title of a poem written by Max Erhman. I wonder if there is any relation between that poem and the poems in this book. Thanks for the review.
CommMayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

AmySmiles wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 10:41
CommMayo wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 10:19 Well written review. I'm too afraid to select a poetry book on this site, so I applaud your bravery!
I'm curious as to why you are afraid, do you enjoy poetry? I do have to say the ones I've seen so far have left a lot to be desired. Thanks for the comment.
I'm just not sure I would enjoy or understand it enough to be able to write an adequate review on it.
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Dael Reader wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 12:21 Interesting. Does the author make any notes in the book about why he chose the title Desiderata? Because that's the title of a poem written by Max Erhman. I wonder if there is any relation between that poem and the poems in this book. Thanks for the review.
No that was never explained. Thanks for commenting.
–Author Unknown
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

That's a nice review. I like the idea of different styles of poetry in one collection, but it sounds like this one doesn't quite work.
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Julie Green wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 14:42 That's a nice review. I like the idea of different styles of poetry in one collection, but it sounds like this one doesn't quite work.
Yeah I don't mind it, but this one was poorly done. Thanks for the comment.
–Author Unknown
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Desiderata is Latin for things to be desired. It seems you didn't desire many things in the book.

I may be weird, but the palindromes and the word puzzles are what pique my interest to check out this book.

Thank you for a desirable review, AmySmiles!
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Miriam Molina wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 21:05 Desiderata is Latin for things to be desired. It seems you didn't desire many things in the book.

I may be weird, but the palindromes and the word puzzles are what pique my interest to check out this book.

Thank you for a desirable review, AmySmiles!
That is true. Thank you for your comment.
–Author Unknown
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

I know about as much about poetry as I do about performing an oil check on a bus.
I'm sorry this one fell a bit short for you, but I really enjoyed your review!
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

Bianka Walter wrote: 04 Jul 2018, 07:12 I know about as much about poetry as I do about performing an oil check on a bus.
I'm sorry this one fell a bit short for you, but I really enjoyed your review!
Lol thanks for your comment and for reading.
–Author Unknown
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

It sounds like the author just wanted to get SOMETHING published, no matter what he came up with. Poetry isn't my thing, especially when it seems to be such a hodge-podge. Nice analysis of your likes and dislikes.
AmySmiles
Currently Reading:

Post by AmySmiles »

kfwilson6 wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 12:16 It sounds like the author just wanted to get SOMETHING published, no matter what he came up with. Poetry isn't my thing, especially when it seems to be such a hodge-podge. Nice analysis of your likes and dislikes.
Thank you, that is a good way to put it. That seems to be my opinion of several books I have read lately. It seems like anyone and everyone can get a book published and it doesn't matter if it's been proofread or not. I read one that literally felt like it was typed out on someone's phone. I appreciate your comments.
–Author Unknown

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”