Official Review: Two Sheldon Iowa Summers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
While in the forum's younger and less active days this used to be the one and only forum for "reviews and discussions about specific books", this is now just the subforum "other fiction" in a more well-organized "reviews and discussions about specific books" section with subforums for each genre. Check it out! :) Remember, the forums in the reviews section (including this forum) are for posting about a single book or series in topic, and the topic title should include the book's title. If you are creating a new topic, please try to post it in one of the other genres rather than posting it here in the "other fiction" section. This is only for books that do not fit in any of the other genre categories we have listed.
CatInTheHat
Bookshelves Moderator
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2017 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 90
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 98
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading: Rogue Captain
Bookshelf Size: 468
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catinthehat.html
Latest Review: Lunch Money by Roger M. Cullen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Re: Official Review: Two Sheldon Iowa Summers

Post by CatInTheHat » 14 Aug 2018, 11:59

SaffraWhishart wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 22:13
I feel like I was reading a different book...maybe I just didn't get far enough. Your review makes me want to read the book, but what I read was confusing and kinda trippy. The author's writing style seemed better suited to poetry than prose to me. I think I probably will not try to press on, but congrats on writing such a compelling review.
You really do have to get past the first part of the book to get into the "meat" of the story. It's completely different in the second part.
Life without a good book is something the CatInTheHat cannot imagine.

Grateful to get the opportunity to explore new books with those in the OBC.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”