Official Review: Salt of the Earth by Kate Moschandreas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Re: Official Review: Salt of the Earth by Kate Moschandreas

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. I can't wait to sink my teeth into this one. It sounds like a really good mystery as to who is after Jess and will she make it out?
SaffraWhishart
Currently Reading: The Candle Room
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saffrawhishart.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by SaffraWhishart »

I'm just starting this book, but I'm so excited about it--even more so after reading your review. "Well-nuanced" is the perfect way to describe the writing. Whether its descriptions, backstory, or character development, nothing is forced--everything flows naturally, and hints toward the unfolding plot are quietly woven in. I hope this writer has many other books, because I think I'll be wanting more when this is done.

Thanks especially for your note about the violence. While I can handle it, I often find gratuitous violence ruining otherwise very well-written stories (say, for instance, the latter books of Game of Thrones). Good writing can convey the situation without wasting time dwelling on it. I'm encouraged to know the author pulled that off before I get fully invested in the story.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

This is an excellent, thorough review of this book. I like that fact that this is a sci-fi book with a female as the main character. You have painted a clear picture of her strong role in the book. I like that the characters are well developed, which always helps me to enjoy a book, and that even though it is sci-fi, it is believable.
Mac :techie-reference:
Theo Sanders
Currently Reading: The Prize
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Theo Sanders »

What a great review - it really convinces me I should read this! The central character Jess seems real and believable as she unwittingly becomes involved in dark attempts to take control of one of earths few remaining resources - water. A political and industrial conspiracy adds extra spice to this dystopian style story and I look forward to reading it.
AnnaKathleen
Currently Reading: Kill Them All
Bookshelf Size: 1085
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by AnnaKathleen »

Wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I will definitely be checking this book out; nothing is better than when a writer can craft something with well paced action and a plot that is believable and compelling.
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury
Katlyndd
Currently Reading: The Handmaiden's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Katlyndd »

After reading your review I am excited to read this book. Anything dystopian is normally right up my alley. It will be refreshing to read one that uses actual facts and not made up words. Thank you for the review. :D
Kmschluterman_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Kmschluterman_1 »

I’m not usually a fan of dystopian novels, but I like the scientific angle of this one of the graphene. I’ll have to check it out!
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1903
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Salt of the Earth by Kate Moschandreas' is the required exposure, for the book! The review overall sheds light on the scope of the book!
simplymica26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplymica26.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by simplymica26 »

Nice! This book sounds amazing and can't wait to start reading it. Thank you for your awesome review and congratulations!
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

It's always a pleasure to read about a strong female lead. The intricate mix of a sci-fi and dystopian tale is intriguing. Congrats on the review!
ashpres12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashpres12.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by ashpres12 »

Thank you for your review. Its scary to think 2038 is only 20 years away so this plot line could be a realistic possibility. I have added this book to my ever growing to be read list! :techie-studyingbrown:
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

I'm generally not a fan of sci-fis but since you say this book uses real scientific explainations and because I'm familiar with Graphene, I'm interested. Thank you for your amazing review.
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddix »

I must admit that I thought the title indicated a Biblical slant, only to discover that it's sci-fi, and dystopian at that. But this one sounds pleasantly different for its genre, as supported by your detailed review. I think I'll read it to see how Jess outsmarts her villains. Thanks for your review.
rettalyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rettalyn.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by rettalyn »

What a great review. I love the fact that you let us all know that the action is crafted beautifully and the scene descriptions are vivid and memorable. I also like that not only do the main characters have fascinating backstories but the side characters as well. Most of the time the side characters get overlooked. I'm a fan of action novels and movies and I think that I will be putting this on my must read list. Thank you for the review.
klwoodford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klwoodford.html
Latest Review: Pembrim by Bree Lenehan

Post by klwoodford »

This sounds like a very interesting book. I love that the plot is believable and that the author created such a human story. I also really enjoy your description of it. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”