Official Review: Salt of the Earth by Kate Moschandreas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Re: Official Review: Salt of the Earth by Kate Moschandreas

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Amazing review for what seems to be an equally amazing book. As a fan of sci-fi stories, I am pretty sure this one is just perfect for me,especially since it portrays some of the real concerns of today's world and also because it features a strong female character. You are right, sometimes sci-fi stories overdo on the fiction part and makes the scientific part too futuristic. I am more comfortable with the ones where I can keep track of what's happening based in today's scientific knowledge. I hope this one will turn out to be one of those. Thanks so much for the review, really enjoyed it.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

I perfectly agree with the author concerning the rating given though there missing words, that carries less weight. Good review.
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I sampled the book on Amazon. It is a sci-fi thriller. Jess is the main character who is a scientist in the chemistry field. She has a boss David who also loves her. The story starts with Jess using a scientific-tool that keeps account of her daily routine. As the story moves a little ahead, there comes a situation where David is being beaten up by a man who also starts chasing Jess. Personally, I did not find the book very engaging though as mentioned in the official review by Bluegreenmarina, I guess people who like sci-fi stories with a real-life touch might wish to go for this.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

I'm not a fan of dystopian and futuristic stories, so I'll pass on this one. Great review though!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”