Official Review: The Journey of a Toiler (novel)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Official Review: The Journey of a Toiler (novel)

Post by kwame1977 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Journey of a Toiler (novel)" by Abbas Al Humaid.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Journey of a Toiler (novel) is a novel of other fiction. It was written by Abbas Al Humaid and published in 2017. This book talks about the life experience of the author from his youthful days through to the days he was a fully matured adult. With patience, will and contemplation as his armour, he has been a model of success. His success was not achieved on a silver platter but after he had endured the tempests of life. However, he found relief in Islam and has attributed his success by his belief in Allah. As a young graduate of a high school, he had to shoulder the responsibilities of his family after his father died in a motor accident. He was confronted with life's challenges of poverty and hardship, yet, he never complained. Instead, he studied hard and excelled at the school.

With a strong family support system and with his uncle Issa, in the forefront, the financial situation of the family improved after he secured a job as a public relation officer. Whilst he was working, he wrote the American Management Accounting exams. He failed several times but finally passed in all the models. He further enrolled in evening classes at the college of commerce and successfully completed a graduate degree. Furthermore, he joined the American Chartered Accountants. He later pursued the Master of Business Administration after acquiring some years of working experience. He has to his credit these and other achievements. Yet, he hasn't been spared by the challenges of life. He was fired from his workplace because he always insisted on adhering to his principles and values. Some women turned down his marriage proposals because of his life's ambitions. These were compounded by the collapse of his private firm. With his unwavering faith in Allah, he discovered the road to success.

I am deeply moved by the inspirations contained in this book. It has been established that the journey of life is not easy. Progress does not come by itself. To make progress, you have to work, strive and toil. The light at the end of the tunnel will surely shine on you after you have successfully journeyed through it. The story of life has been fairly explained from the Islamic perspective. Lots of references have been made from the Holy Quran. Some important Islamic concepts and beliefs have also been explained. The Islamic Legislation or Sharia has also been explained. It has been stated that Sharia is the guidance for our path to Allah. The reasons behind most Islamic practices have been clarified. This book is an insight into the Islamic religion as lots of misconceptions about Islam has been eliminated. The book is filled with lots of Islamic teachings and practices.

The novel goes at a smooth pace and easy to comprehend by an average reader. Words that are advanced have been explained. References made from the Holy Quran have been highlighted in black. Reading has been made easy as the author has provided a table of contents to guide readers. Personification as a literary device is fully utilized. The title of the book is very relevant to its contents. The author has provided his readers with a link to his website so they can obtain more information. This book is a useful manual for all Muslims and anyone who intend to join the Islamic religion.

However, I realized that there are some spelling and grammatical errors. It is necessary to ensure that the book is well edited before publication.

The author has impressed me with this thoughtful and insightful book. This is a good job done by Abbas Al Humaid. I hope to read more books from him. I, therefore, rate his book The Journey of a Toiler (novel) 4 out of 4 stars.

The Journey of a Toiler (novel)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like kwame1977's review? Post a comment saying so!
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

Thanks for the review. It sounds more like an autobiography, but I suppose there are some fictional elements. If it sets right some misconceptions about Islam, that can only be a good thing.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

Libs_Books wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 08:34 Thanks for the review. It sounds more like an autobiography, but I suppose there are some fictional elements. If it sets right some misconceptions about Islam, that can only be a good thing.
That's almost verbatim what I was going to comment.
Thanks for an informative review :)
Abdul13332
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdul13332.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Abdul13332 »

Nice review :tiphat: it sounds like an inspirational story
Gsamour
Currently Reading: I'll Point to Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gsamour.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Gsamour »

Thank you for the review! At first, because of the religious element it seemed like not the book for me, but because you mentioned all of the inspirational aspects of the book, I think this could be a good read! I have been looking for a motivational story and this may just be it!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Well, I don't think this would be a book for me. It's good that the author has been able to get the truth out there in regards to Islam, but it's just not a subject that interests me. It also sounds too much autobiographical as Libs_Books has said. I'll pass, but thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for your review. Seems like "The Toiler" had an interesting journey. I'm glad you enjoyed it, but think I'll keep looking.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

The author has shown all the qualities to become successful in life. He is to be admired and emulated. Thank you for your detailed review.
Adu Williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adu Williams »

Nice.Thanks for this review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”