Official Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Re: Official Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by Ana Njeri »

Lovely review. I like the fact that the main character Izzy is 40. I have never read a book that the main character is that old. Its unique.
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
Sut027
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Sut027 »

First of all thank you for the review. I think it might be an amazing contemporary novel which depicts the life of a forty one year old Izzy Campbell who attends college besides a part time volunteer work. She has left her alcoholic husband Jim as their son will soon go to college. It also shows how, at her job, she meets Sean, a journalist, investigating a football team for financial corruption and get involved in the case because of her infatuation with him and a thirst for adventure whereas Jim as a sympathetic and drunkard character. His therapist and other subplots are also well depicted.
kwame1977
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwame1977.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by kwame1977 »

This is a mixture of detective story and others. A personal story told with a distinction. A good book and a good review.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Your review has piqued my curiosity. I am definitely going to add this in my shlves and read this book eventually. Thanks for recommending!
Anandu34536
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anandu34536 »

Thanks for giving me a wonderful chance to read such great fiction

Filled with skills and crafts of the writter 1000% satisfied

Hats off to keddie hughes
SMN63
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by SMN63 »

The official review of Small Change, authored by Keɗdie Hughes, is yet another vivid presentation that highly appeals to, and absorbes the reader's attention and imagination.
Either of the characters lzzy and Jim were in a sort of dilemma.
Certainly. anyone who read the review could wished to see how the story unfolded to the very end!
The theemes are relevant to real life situation.
Congrats on being BOTD.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Thanks for your thoughts on this book, great to get your views. It is interesting to think about weaving a number of plots together!
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

Character-driven novels are my favorite. Sounds like an engaging read. Your review got me into adding this one to my reading list. Thanks for the wonderful insight.
oogies
Currently Reading: A Tale of Two Cities
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oogies.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by oogies »

The books seems like an interesting read :-) It is not the type of book that I would choose to read but the review does make it seem interesting.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

This book looks excellent. I would read solely for Izzy's delightful character. I hope Jim gets the help with his alcoholism that he needs.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Well-developed characters and a plot with a woman at a turning point in her life--sounds like one I would enjoy. Thanks for the recommendation!
Patox
Currently Reading: Death Must Go On!
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Patox »

A great story told very simply about the life of a middle-aged woman who works and yet has ambitions as she goes to college parttime. She also has problems at home and has the sense to endure this until the son is old enough to go to school. Here is a very nice work of fiction.
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

Izzy's character seems so real to me. There are so many people living hell of a life because their partners are addicts. They are leading a life of misery and depression for no fault of theirs. I am quite interested to read about Izzy and what happens to Jim. Also, I am keen to know about the chemistry between Sean and Izzy. Thanks for the great review.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 951
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: The Angel of Hoheneck by Ivan Fredrikson

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

A women-centric novel is sight for sore eyes. The idea of a book centred around a middle-aged woman sounds nice.
Thank you for the great review.
Dacosta_01z
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dacosta_01z »

A great read that covers topics of alcoholism, love, loyalty, murder and political activism. The main character Izzy, i love her so much because of the way she grew through the book amazingly from a slightly naive,innocent woman to a wonder woman. this book shows what happen in real life to some people. It inspire you to follow your dreams taking one step at a time and to always make the right decisions

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”