Official Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Re: Official Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by Londera »

I feel like there are alot of books coming out with women who are tirig of their relationships. It was a great review of a book that alot of people can relate to.
arcie72
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arcie72.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by arcie72 »

After sampling the book today, I found it very fascinating. Izzy's character is believable and engaging. I love how true it is for soon to be empty nesters to start evaluating their life. Women in particular since they no longer will have the responsibility of children. Your review was spot on. Great review.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

A woman in a dilemma, having reached the crossroads in her life. This is an interesting study on how a woman coped up with her life, torn between family and the ramblings of her heart. Love turns up in the most unexpected of places, as they say. Is she a woman in distress here that a knight in shining armor comes to save her, like what fantasy stories always are made of? Thanks for this interesting review.
Akinwale Taiwo Ilyas
Currently Reading: Not Dead Yet
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinwale-taiwo-ilyas.html
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy

Post by Akinwale Taiwo Ilyas »

This sounds like an interesting character driven novel. Your review was awesome and I'll have to give this a read in order to know how Izzy dealt with her choices and the changes brought about.
"The reading of all good books📚 is like a conversation with the finest men of past centuries" - Rene Decartes (1596 - 1681)
Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Seems like Izzy can't put up with her husband, Jim, anymore. Loves the adventurous and easy life given by Sean. I like the inclusion of the therapy sessions for Sean, they will sure help a lot of alcoholics. Thanks for the review.
SaffraWhishart
Currently Reading: The Candle Room
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saffrawhishart.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by SaffraWhishart »

I read the first 2 chapters and was decently impressed by the writing. However, though I started out liking Izzy almost immediately, I was liking her less by the end...your review was so favorable I'm still thinking about giving it a chance, but I'm not sure.
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thanks for the detailed review. I love how it is so easy to relate to Izzy. She goes through the same struggles a lot of other women do. I am interested to find out more about Izzy and how her relationship with Sean progresses, if at all
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

A very heartfelt novel about one person's way of coping with stress in her life. But its encouraging her husband is taking therapy for his alcohol addiction. I like the fact that the author has included some of this therapy sessions. It sure will help a lot of folks out there interested in beating the habit. Thanks for your review.
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

Good review. So far this book is entertaining. I like Izzy very much and can't wait to find out her decision.
solanaphillip800
Favorite Book: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-solanaphillip800.html
Latest Review: The Not So Great American Novel by James E. Doucette

Post by solanaphillip800 »

izzy is truly lovely,this is the kind of book you dont want the story to end and imagining other scenarios. Thanks for the intresting review
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Romance, dilemma and politics, definitely must read this one. Great review
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I was wondering if Izzy's marriage takes center stage because in the Amazon blurb I've also read something about a murder investigation. I liked the author' writing style and I also noticed she knows how to make a character relatale. That's why I am asking. I am planning to add it to my reading list. Thanks for a great review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

Once again a perfect score is inappropriate. The reviewer listed quite a few editing and grammatical errors. Therefore the book is not perfect and should not be rated as such. Furthermore without reading the book, I feel the secondary characters should be living their own lives along the main characters drama, so the comment about the reviewer finding the secondary character running for office an unnecessary addition to the book to be miss guided. This review is miss guided in many ways.
baileydgray
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by baileydgray »

Perhaps the author included Brdiget's character/storyline so she could be included in future books. It will definitely be interesting to see what the author does next!
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Inspection
Bookshelf Size: 3836
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I wasn't sure about this one, as it sounds like there's an awful lot going on, but after reading your review, it sounds more appealing. I like the addition of the exploration of Jim's addiction which would seem to be at the heart of the story and the reason behind Izzy's want for change. This just might be a good one for me to read after all. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”