Official Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by dragonet07 »

Honestly, you had me at Scotland, but it helps to see that the book is about a woman trying to put herself into a better situation and trying to become her own woman. I always roll my eyes a bit when such a story gives the woman another man to flirt with, but based on that quote you gave, Sean seems to help Izzy look at herself in a different way, so it might not bug me as much as it does in other books. Thank you for the insightful review!
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
ballonike
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ballonike »

I love a good character driven novel, and this sounds like it'd be a great weekend, lazy day read. I want to learn more about Lazy and Jim. You always have such great reviews with wonderful information! Thanks for introducing us to another great book that as a great character
Kenko Betty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Kenko Betty »

Always love a book with relatable characters. A woman at the cross raod of her life is just very relatable. Curious to know about her marriage, whether she reconciles with her husband or choose to be with young Mr. Charming, Sean
Abiola1
Currently Reading: Eragon
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Abiola1 »

It is obvious she was interested in Sean and would do anything to replace Jim for Sean. What a nice book we have here.
I love your review about the book, keep it up
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

I agree,(“But the loveliest thing about you, Izzy, is you have no idea how lovely you are.”). I enjoy a mixture of themes, especially books that deal with the core of human emotions. Your review is fantastic.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

Izzy is just a woman, and she thus behave true to her nature, finding love and getting it whenever she can. This could be a story of the struggles anyone, man or woman, would have to put up upon finding oneself in dire situations like these. This is life truly as it would be. Thanks for this very interesting review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Thanks for a great review that really shows the quality of the book. Izzy is s great main character. I also enjoyed the preview.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
rajamit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rajamit »

It's really amazing and awesome book I enjoyed it much more I really satisfied with this book the story is so real and character of this book is so realasitk hope you understand thank you.
Liza Layugan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-layugan.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Liza Layugan »

Judging from your engaging review and positive verdict that this is "an absorbing story that is sure to keep you curled up on the sofa for hours," I'm inclined to read the full story the soonest I can. More so because I'm intrigued about stories where the lead character is faced with choices that define her as a person and tug at her heartstrings. And this early on, I can already agree with you that Izzy is indeed an unforgettable character.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

The sample made me believe that this is an engaging novel. This fact is also supported by the review. The author has chosen a contemporary theme in which a middle-aged women named Izzy juggles a normal life with her family, while disliking her always drunk husband, though he holds a high post in a firm. Being herself simple, just, and disciplined, naturally, she gets attracted to Sean, a well-behaved, neat, and ethical man she met in her workplace.

This book is very interesting to read, at least not makes you move for a couple of hours. This is a well knit story with main and supporting characters. The author makes the story flow constantly, with exceptionally good writing style, not allowing the reader to get bored. The reviewer has awarded 4 out of 4 stars; the novel surely deserves it.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Thanks for the review. The book sounds an engaging one, showing the inner turmoils of the main character. I love character-driven stories and would like to read this one.
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by eddix »

Thank you for this detailed review. You have whetted my appetite for further reading to see how the story unfolds. I'm looking forward to it. It is good to note that the editor has fixed the few errors you highlighted.
lionmoon_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lionmoon-3.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lionmoon_3 »

Small Change

Izzy emerges out of sleepwalking through layers of her husband's alcoholism, deception and lies to find her own voice and a sense of clarity. Well written, emotional and an honest portrayal of the development of a soul in search of itself.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1887
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Small Change, by Keddie Hughes', adds dimensions to the central idea of the story and broadens our view of the book, at it's ending! I find an easy flow of words, in the review!
Leukrado
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Leukrado »

Thank you for your work, Bookowlie. Such books are usually hard to review but you have an excellent work.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”