Official Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gray_frankk
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Official Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by Gray_frankk »

:shock: probably the best book I'll ever read looks really amazing. I just can't wait to start.
Tina10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Tina10 »

Thanks for the review. Your review makes me want to read the book to see just how Izzy's marriage turn out. Izzy's is a very interesting character.
KarinaBordas
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karinabordas.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by KarinaBordas »

Small Change sounds like a book worth delving into!
LennyDots
Currently Reading: Hidden Figures
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lennydots.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by LennyDots »

This book sounds interesting, but probably not for me. I'm one of those people where adultery in a story isn't titillating, it just makes me uncomfortable.
Jmar_la
Currently Reading: Toxic Side Effect
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmar-la.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Jmar_la »

A very good review about this book and it gives a great summary so the reader knows for sure what the book is about. I read some of the book and it is refreshing to read a good fiction, not a crime thriller, or all romantic book, but a book with a good story.
MiziS_1305
Favorite Book: The Lost Symbol
Currently Reading: Toni the Superhero
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mizis-1305.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by MiziS_1305 »

With well developed characters and a captivating plot where a woman falls for her co-worker and abandons her drunk husband, this contemporary novel for sure offers an interesting read. But the book is just not my type to pick it up. Thanks for the review!!!
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

This sounds like a very realistic story. Many have had an alcoholic spouse and have been wanting something different. And some may have even started a new relationship with a co worker or friend while trying to escape the problems at home. The story sounds like it is developed well, but I personally would not want to read the story about the spouse that did commit adultery or cheated. Or even if they were struggling with the thoughts, just not for me.
Thiga_Nelson2013
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Thiga_Nelson2013 »

The book is very captivating especially because it shows how women struggle to juggle emotions with ambition. The character of Izzy is fascinating of how she finds Sean amusing but still has to go back to her drunkard husband who gets her irked all the time. I love the twists of the author in using humor to make the reader forget he/she is reading and be involved in the story. I would recommended this book to anyone wanting to have a good time read.
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

I don't think this mix of themes idea appeals to me, but I'm quite curious to see if she finally leaves her husband for Sean.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:
Nikki Dewing
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikki-dewing.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Nikki Dewing »

Stories a person can relate to is always interesting to read. It sounds like this book is one of those. I also would like to see how the author handles the therapy sessions at the end of each chapter. Thanks for the review.
Ngorup
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ngorup »

Well her urge to suddle up her life is okay considering the dilemma she chooses to put her self in,i would rather like to find out the son's point of view and how well he relates with both parents and the influence they have had on him.Will Izzy assist jim in recovering from alcoholism and say salvage their marriage or will jim serve time for his involvement in the Celtics fan death?
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

I'm on the fence about this book, however I am curious to find out more.. I will add it to my list and get back to it later..
CheyenneR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenner.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by CheyenneR »

I really like that we get a peek inside of Jim's therapy lessons. It breaks him away from the typical drunk husband archetype that is sometimes present in books like this.
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

Thanks for the detailed review. I missed a lot of information when I read the brief summary on Amazon, but your review filled in a lot of the gaps that I missed. I am very interested in reading this book. Murder, suspense, and romance are great elements in a good mystery novel. I am looking forward to learning more about the characters and how Issy deals with her situation.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

The book sounds great. I would love to read every bit of the book to find out if Izzy will part ways with Jim and follow Sean. Will that be the small change? Will find out. Great review!
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”