Official Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dori Lee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dori-lee.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Official Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by Dori Lee »

Your review makes me want to read Izzy's story. It sounds like it is a good book without having an unbelievable plot. Thank you.
smc19
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 72

Post by smc19 »

I like your comment about the politician wanna-be disappearing for extended periods of time. Perhaps we should introduce that as a job prerequisite for the current and future set of folks claiming to be American politicians...might start a Revolution?!?!? Good review...the perpetual alcoholic ignores his wife, flounders his job and murders some kid supporting an opposition football team, right?!?!? How many reasons does she need to leave scumbag? Kudos!
Stellacandy
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stellacandy.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Stellacandy »

Wow, this review makes me anxious to read the entire book.
I like the intensity of the characters and plot.
Its a good one and a must read
pastelbaby
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by pastelbaby »

This sounded like a very interesting book from the cover and the title, but for me I'm sorry I just couldn't get into it. It had good characters and story, but it just didn't catch me.
FictionLover
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by FictionLover »

Forty-one-year-old Izzy Campbell volunteers at the Citizens’ Advice Bureau while attending college part-time. She contemplates leaving her alcoholic husband Jim as their son is almost ready to go off to college. At her job, Izzy meets Sean, a journalist who is investigating a football team for financial corruption. She becomes involved in the case, mainly due to her flirty infatuation with him and a thirst for a little adventure. Adding to the mix is Jim’s company is vying for an alarm contract with the same team.

Go, Izzy. This sounds like an interesting story about a woman who wants to take charge of her life and get out from under the thumb of her dense, drooly-drunk husband.

I'm not sure if it's for me, but it does seem well written.
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot
khandzz09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khandzz09.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by khandzz09 »

The character-driven plot is incredibly compelling to read. It fosters anticipation and excitement to the reader. I like this book because it emphasizes the inner lives of characters and it focuses more on a sense of event and incident both have their strengths. Congrats BOTD. Thanks for the great review.
“Think before you speak. Read before you think.”
― Fran Lebowitz, The Fran Lebowitz Reader :techie-studyinggray:
Tcaudill
Currently Reading: Masterminders
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Tcaudill »

Forty-one-year-old Izzy volunteers at the Citizens’ Advice Bureau and attends college part-time. And her 18 year old son is almost ready to go off to college. She's contemplating leaving her alcoholic husband. She's at the end of her crossroads when she meets a guy at work. Sounds like a good plot.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This book sounds so relatable! A woman trying desperately to find herself and her place in this life. There is a mix of politics, mystery and personal growth. Congrats on book of the day! Great review!
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

I absolutely love relatable characters that are very much human more than fiction. I also really like the themes discussed in this book so I'll make sure to add it to my reading list!
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
mariakavo88
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariakavo88.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mariakavo88 »

Sounds like a great summer read. I did download the book. So I look forward to getting a chance to read it, and learn more about Izzy, Jim, and Sean. I've always enjoyed books who really let you know who the characters are and what they stand for, and this sounds like one of those books. Thanks for the review.
Callistus Ibenye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-callistus-ibenye.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Callistus Ibenye »

Great review. This seem to be an interesting story with lits of ideas and insight. I particularly liked thatit portrays women in a positive light.I am not a fan of the genre, I like to read this one.
jessinikkip
Currently Reading: Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Misery Loves Company by Paul Marino
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jessinikkip »

I love that the characters are well done and the additional insight into the characters at the end of the chapters. The plot seems well weaved together and it will be (hopefully) a pleasure to read this.
Mrsroberts82512

Post by Mrsroberts82512 »

Great review! I can tell I will love this book!
johnodion

Post by johnodion »

The review is well articulated and precised. Though i have not read the book, i begin to fall in love with the characters Lizzy, Jim and Sean by reading the review. I am looking forward to reading more of Lizzy and Jim in this epic novel. Kudos once again to the reviewer.
Carly-maricque
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-maricque.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Carly-maricque »

Thanks for the well written review! Yay!! Finally a book that's right up my alley! I can not wait to read this one.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”