Official Review: Broken Cadence by Ami Violet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Re: Official Review: Broken Cadence by Ami Violet

Post by bookowlie »

Thanks for another wonderful, insightful review! I have always been on the fence about psychological thrillers since some of the stories creep me out. You made this book sound so interesting that I am going to take a look at the Amazon sample. The documentary aspect sounds intriguing and I like your comment that it's not a typical type of ghost story. You have a knack for choosing offbeat and interesting books!
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

bookowlie wrote: 27 Apr 2018, 09:20 Thanks for another wonderful, insightful review! I have always been on the fence about psychological thrillers since some of the stories creep me out. You made this book sound so interesting that I am going to take a look at the Amazon sample. The documentary aspect sounds intriguing and I like your comment that it's not a typical type of ghost story. You have a knack for choosing offbeat and interesting books!
I do tend to choose books out of the norm. I think that's some of my favorites, though. Books that don't quite fall into one category or another. Thanks for your comments! You are too kind.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

A story with a blend of mystery, religious and emotions is quite interesting. If the story is good, then minor editing errors don't affect much. Thanks for your comprehensive review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

This one sounds like something I should put on my shelf to read. As others have noted, there are already sooooo many on the shelf that I lose hope I will ever get to them all...Thanks for the fantastic review.
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

To have the documentary as a screenplay within the book is definitely unique! Sounds like it was a good choice though. I love a book that makes you think about it for a while after you've read it - there are far too few around.
Thanks so much for this review - I really enjoyed it :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
sweetleaf1988
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sweetleaf1988 »

hmmm seems a little lame but that's just my opinion. also on that note ill read anything once!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”