Official Review: It's All About the Heart by Lenore Schur

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: It's All About the Heart by Lenore Schur

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "It's All About the Heart" by Lenore Schur.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The cold gusty wind adds an extra chill in the air as Jannie sits taking coffee and as she thinks things over. Her heart is heavy and she realizes that the excitement that had been present as she began her life in college is fading out. Derek, Jannie’s friend, comes to her rescue and suggests she talks to Mr. Sherman, an eighty-five-year-old man living by himself.

This sparks a new journey for Jannie as she sets out on the path of self-discovery. Mr. Sherman’s wise words and kindness inspire her so much that she begins to rethink the decisions she has been making and whether they feed into her overall purpose as a person. They discuss various topics such as character, purpose, bullying and the true concept of love. Every meeting with Mr. Sherman makes Jannie wiser and more equipped to handle life issues. The author of the book, Lenore Schur, borrows the nuggets of wisdom in the plot from the Bible. This spiritual approach to life is reflected in Mr. Sherman words.

It's All about the Heart by Lenore Schur is a self-help book whose message and themes are contained in the conversations that are in the account. This helps the author present the topics discussed in a subtle and delightful manner which made it easier for me to grasp the content and relate to the theme of the book. Jannie poses the questions while Mr. Sherman answers her through enlightening illustrations of accounts of people he has come across before. I thought the author’s style was unique and ingenious.

It's All about the Heart is written in simple language that makes the book a quick read. The author does not bog down the reader with too many details. In between the conversations Jannie has with Mr. Sherman, additional scenes are included breaking the dialogues. This helped me meditate on the discussions of the two main characters. I did not feel rushed or pushed to understand the themes explored by the author. On the contrary, I was able to flow effortlessly along the storyline.

The importance of the message of Lenore Schur’s book cannot be over-emphasized. It's All about the Heart addresses issues very prevalent in today’s culture and society. Many people are struggling internally and very few people seem to be paying attention. Worse still, the society expects those who are hurting to just ‘move on’. Lenore Schur has a different opinion all-together. In the book, It's All about the Heart, she investigates how one can heal from past pain and how, like physical pain, emotional hurt should also be attended to and not just be left to time. The book was definitely worth every minute of my time. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

It's All About the Heart
View: on Bookshelves

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Interesting. A fictional self-help book. I don't know that I've seen that approach often. It sounds like the dialogues are full of interesting and useful information. Still, I don't think I'm going to pick this one up right now. I will keep it in mind for the future, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

What a great review. It sounds like this book can provide some great life lessons without being too pushy about it. Mr. Sherman sounds like a good man to get to know.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

It is wonderful to know that there are authors out there who are able to come up with fresh ways to engage the reader. I love the idea of presenting a life lesson type book by having two characters speak to each other. It would seem from reading your review that it was an easy,enjoyable read but you gleaned much value from it. Another book to add to my want to read shelf. Nicely written!
Everything happens for a reason...
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

I think I like this unusual subject. Feels like a book with this plot can become a masterpiece. I always enjoyed a book based on conversation, or scenes with two persons that talk about something and it ends up changing the view of one person. It gives a life to the characters when they learn from each other.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

As someone who has experienced a lot of past pain and emotional hurt not only as a child, but as an adult, I think that this book would be a great book for me. It would help me to have some great skills to go over because as great as my counselor is, sometimes having something tangible works better.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Sometimes, all that is needed is an intelligent and righteous person to provide good advice and be a role model for vulnerable hurting persons, to heal and learn from.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

This is a very appropriate book I could recommend to someone who feels they don't have a purpose in life.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”