Review by KatePanlilio -- McDowell by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
KatePanlilio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katepanlilio.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by KatePanlilio -- McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by KatePanlilio » 16 Mar 2018, 23:09

[Following is a volunteer review of "McDowell" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

McDowell

McDowell answers the most simple yet hardest questions every human can encounter in their lifetime. This book talks about the different aspects of life like morality, family and sorrows of life, love and sins. Every reader will surely be engrossed in following McDowell’s life as he embarks in a journey anyone would not wish to experience.

The book teaches readers mainly about morality. What is right and wrong? Is what I am doing a sin? What would you choose—will you kill someone to end their misery or let them experience death in the living life?

McDowell is an arrogant surgeon. He has three children that he very much guides through their course of life. As he go through the top of his career, enemies were inevitable. When his world finally failed him, readers are to be left with the questions—will he stumble back on his feet and rebuild his life?

I enjoyed reading McDowell as the book simulated me to imagine in real life what is happening in the book itself. The characters were presented in such a way that readers can picture them. So many characters were also built here. However, it did not become a liability. This is because the book inculcates that in life, an individual will surely meet different kinds of people. These kinds of people we meet will teach us lessons that are essential to answering the frequently asked questions in our existence--- why are we here in this world?

The book also highlighted the concept of family. This is why people from all walks of life can relate and enjoy the piece. I admit that at first, I was a bit skeptical about reading the book because of my prejudgment about it being boring. However, as I go along each chapter, I came to realize that following McDowell’s life is interesting and I ended up finishing it sooner than I expected. In fact, I would have finished it in one sitting if only I didn’t have academic works to do.

What I like most about this book is the fact that it presented love in ways that is conventional. It will remind the readers that love does not choose anyone. It does not choose any gender, age, or even personality.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the things it will let you think about especially in your personal life. What does really matter in this word—is it wealth or your principles in life?
McDowell

McDowell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like KatePanlilio's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Georgia Lyonhyde
Currently Reading: A Tale For The Time Being
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgia-lyonhyde.html
Latest Review: The Mystery of the Hidden Cabin by M.E. Hembroff

Post by Georgia Lyonhyde » 01 Oct 2018, 18:17

I could have done with a bit more of a summary about the book to help me decide whether to read it. Fortunately, I have read a few reviews on this book which have filled in some of the gaps you have left.

I'm glad you enjoyed the book.
You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.
–Paul Sweeney :tiphat:

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: Call Her Miss Ross
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa » 02 Oct 2018, 04:46

I have read your review of the book McDowell by William H.Coles. This book is about life of Dr. McDowell. In this review you have written short details and explained the life of McDowell with his family as well outside. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”