Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

Franny made a goal for herself. She would make it as an actress in three years or she would leave New York. She has determined that unlike everybody else, she would really stick to it. She would let her dream go if she hadn't fulfilled it in the three-year time span. Struggling with many different disappointments and fears, she struggles through and keeps trying learning as she goes.

As a huge fan of Lauren Graham, I am now questioning my fangirl status. There are many things I didn't know about Graham. I won't get into them all here as this is a review for this book. She is an amazing author. I really enjoyed this book. I listened to the audiobook just so I can hear Graham's amazing voice. I hope to see many more books out by her and I hope to see many more movies and television shows as well.

The story was pretty amazing. I do have to be completely honest though, it's not as amazing as I thought it would be. There were some parts that fell a bit flat. There were also parts that I feel got more brushed over than they should have been. But it was still a good book and I enjoyed it very much. I enjoyed the message behind it.

The characters were easy to connect to. I felt a lot of compassion for Franny especially. She had AMAZING talent and everybody just adored her. She couldn't see it though. She just saw herself as a normal girl living life like everybody else. I could see her keeping that mentality even after she became famous. I really was hoping to see that she got with a certain someone. I'll leave it at that.

Despite the few flaws I found, I still give this book a full five-star rating. It was beautiful. It definitely caught some of my emotions for sure. I love the lessons that were laced through the whole story. Lauren Graham is an amazing actress. It's nice to see that she's an amazing writer as well. I think I'm a bigger fan now than I ever was.
jasijohn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by jasijohn »

I really enjoyed this book.
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

I did too! Have you read her book Talking As Fast As I Can?
EFALLAB
Favorite Author: Diana Gabaldon
Favorite Book: Someday, Someday, Maybe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
fav_author_id: 2373

Post by EFALLAB »

Your take on the book is great. But I’m not sure what you mean by flaws in the story. Any book that catches my attention in the first few pages is a great book and this one is on my list.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”