Featured Official Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marson47
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marson47.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Re: Featured Official Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies

Post by Marson47 »

Although am not a fan of violence but i think this book is great as it gives insight of many violence that occur around the world and claim the lives of many which really needs to be attended to
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Marson47 wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 07:33 Although am not a fan of violence but i think this book is great as it gives insight of many violence that occur around the world and claim the lives of many which really needs to be attended to
Thank you for reading my review! If it helps you consider reading the book, I must tell you that there is very little actual violence in this book. The focus is on inner turmoil and emotion and the violence is mostly alluded to. :tiphat:
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
NL Hartje
Currently Reading:

Post by NL Hartje »

Lily_ wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 00:01 This was a very fascinating book!
Oh I'm so glad you've read it! I would love to read your review or hear your thoughts in general! Feel free to post back with what you thought!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
NL Hartje
Currently Reading:

Post by NL Hartje »

AlexxDenise94 wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 17:59 This was a wonderful book ; idid not think it was gonna happen the way it did .
Oh I'm so glad you've read the book too! I would love to read your review or hear your thoughts in general! Feel free to post back with what you thought!
-Dr. Seuss
NL Hartje
Currently Reading:

Post by NL Hartje »

cpru68 wrote: 14 Apr 2018, 20:49 Titles of books are very telling. Peonies are flowers that are perennials, so that means it may appear like nothing is in the ground, but suddenly a bloom shows up when the time is right. From your review, this title is very fitting as the victims who were executed for standing up for their beliefs may have been 'brushed under the carpet' until this book came along. It sounds like a heart-wrenching collection of stories. While I would want to know what happened, and the truth should always prevail, it is also a situation where the atrocities of man are disclosed and we can only wish they had never happened. Good job on this one. Your review was beautifully written.
Thank you for reading my review! Your disclosure about the nature of peonies is very telling, I agree that it is an incredibly fitting metaphor. There were actually metaphors within the book that I considered to be more powerful, if you have the time, you should give it a read!
-Dr. Seuss
Alius
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alius »

The author did a good job can't imagine the horror they faced
smokiekay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by smokiekay »

nice works , it take lots of research on the authors part to write this historical book
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3008
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A Conflicted Slaveholder by Marge Cambre

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Nice to see that you were able to give credit to the book and the writer with the 4 out of 4 stars rating. Indeed, the book is good and we all can draw a lesson or two. There is optimism written all over the sad stories that freedom will ring in this nation one day.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3008
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A Conflicted Slaveholder by Marge Cambre

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Lily_ wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 00:01 This was a very fascinating book!
Indeed, the book is fascinating.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
RodneyKB

Post by RodneyKB »

I just learned that I must be thankful for what i'm living for, wow I never thought of that before.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

I have to say, I know absolutely nothing about the circumstances surrounding the events of this book, nor do I know anything about the events of this book. I fear too many around the world try to cover up events that should be public knowledge. It's a scary thought realizing just how much influence or power someone can have if they're capable of almost completely covering up the slaughter of nearly 30,000 people.

This seems like a fascinating and, in my case, an important read.
SkyeDragon
Currently Reading: Becoming the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skyedragon.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by SkyeDragon »

I never knew about this tragedy that occurred in 1988. It is a shame that 4,500 people lost there lives due to not having the same political views as the current government. I find this topic interesting and would be interested in reading this book to learn more about this unimaginable event.
CHARITODIONZON1

Post by CHARITODIONZON1 »

I had chills reading this one! :oops:
Amondi Oluoch
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amondi-oluoch.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Amondi Oluoch »

so poignant
Buy the book sounds exhilarating. I've fallen for it already.
I'll try read it.
Thanks for the review
Honourable419

Post by Honourable419 »

I didn't feel a huge emotional pull in the first two stories but tas it continued and I started understanding the idea, I realized there was more emotion in the beginning than I originally attributed. This is overwhelming, the writer builds up emotion and suspense simultaneously in the readers mind spurring up a sort flashbacks and imagination.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”