Official Review: When Pigs Fly by Susan Fries

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mai Tran
Currently Reading: What's Your Favorite Color?
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mai-tran.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Re: Official Review: When Pigs Fly by Susan Fries

Post by Mai Tran »

Thank you for sharing your reviews! When I read the title, I never would have thought this was about a fictional story of someone who passed away from cancer. This sounds like a heartfelt book. I'll be sure to check it out.
ayaan saed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ayaan saed »

I'm not read more to this book but I feel that is interesting book
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

Great review. It seems like a very emotional and touching book. I will definitely read this one.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 672
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

The story seem emotional and encouraging especially to people living with cancer. I will read the book. Maybe I could use the practical tips contained in the book to help and encourage someone. Great review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Sirlimu01
Currently Reading: Kaiserjaeger
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sirlimu01 »

Oh! A simple but reflected picture is presented in this book by the author using dead, disease, human and journey. Fries uses fictious emotion to express the circumstance one can manage a tragic situation in a conservative way. The book brings a reflection in the memory of the past event that show a medium where both old and young suite into when thing happen. The book is understandable. It brings to life situation one may die via cancer and cancer can kill when one toil with it. Fries brings death to a level one could understand it nature and it effect. I love to read this for experience. Congratulation to the author. I give it 4 over 4
Lil Reads
Currently Reading: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lil-reads.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Lil Reads »

It sounds like the author is very skilled when writing emotionally poignant scenes. It might hit a little too close to me since my grandma had cancer too, but I am glad it is dealt with well.
:coffee3-smiley: :auto-mysterymachine:
Charmaine_216
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Charmaine_216 »

This definitely seems like a good read! Cancer is beast for adults as well as children! If one overcomes this affliction. what a testimony! What a story to tell! However, for those who succumb to it and pass on, it is still a victory. How so? The person would have crossed over to the other side of perfect peace. The place of total and eternal paradise.
Gedlee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Gedlee »

When Pigs Fly is a book written by Susan Fries. The story was very emotional and engaging. It was a very interesting view on the afterlife and can be use as areminder to those left behind to viw death as more of a crossover then a final sentence no matter how great the loss.
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

A fictional story about a dead girl's journey after death sounds pretty interesting. I don't think I've ever read many stories like that before. Great review!
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1886
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'The author gives the readers many things to ponder'. I agree to this point in the 'Official Review: When Pigs Fly by Susan Fries'. 'What happens to us after death?' is the subject of my curiosity and I want to read more about it.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I am still wondering where Nicole went to. This sounds so interesting and quite unique from the other books I have read because of this one bit of life after. Thanks for the wonderful review. I have added this to my 'want to read' shelf.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
JHuschle519
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhuschle519.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by JHuschle519 »

Thank you for the great review, and for sharing a little bit of your personal life with us. I have only read the free sample of the book, but it seems quite interesting so far. The only issue I have is the quick changes between character points of view, but that is just due to a personal preference of mine.
Uche B
Currently Reading: China rich girlfriend
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-b.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Uche B »

Is it odd that reading your review made me teary?
As usual, my definition of a good review is one that reveals just enough for me to want to want to read it, without spoiling the book for me. Great job.
"Life is more than unpainted fences" - Nomnso Mordi.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

This book seems like a very extraordinary read. This topic is one that is very close to my heart as well. I'm curious about the journey Nicole had after her death. The fact that it took you awhile to finish reading it, especially being a fast reader, says a lot about the book's quality in my opinion. I definitely want to read this book someday! Thank you so much for your review!
Angelique Bahormal
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelique-bahormal.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Angelique Bahormal »

I am very curious I will definitively read this book. This fantastic journey will inspire us and give us a different perspective on the world we live in and the world beyond. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”