Official Review: When Pigs Fly by Susan Fries

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Re: Official Review: When Pigs Fly by Susan Fries

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

Thanks for the nice review. This novel contains a plot which is related to cancer. I guess many readers if they are cancer survivors, might relate the story to their own experiences. Nice this book has some information about what happens once a person dies.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

Reading about death is always a bit emotional for me, especially since I almost lost a relative recently. Perhaps once some time has passed, I will come back to this. Everything is still raw.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Michgal 32
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michgal-32.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Michgal 32 »

This sounds like a story full of emotion. Thanks for the review
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

A touching and emotional story of a young girl's journey after her death. It gives a glimpse of the lives of both the cancer victim and those close to her before and after her death. I added it to my to-read list.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Ethan3414
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ethan3414 »

It really touched my heart, even when I deeply think about what Nicole had faced through, I could not control the tears following from my eyes, It really interesting and emotional
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Thanks for your review on this interesting read! It will be cool to see how the author goes about the concept of an afterlife.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

Untimely deaths are always hard to read about, but there's something especially hard about stories about deaths from cancer. The afterlife is such a delicate issue, but I like that the author is exploring what the young cancer victim goes through after her death rather than focusing solely on what her loved ones experience. We all have dead loved ones that we hope are OK wherever they are and, religious or not, we would like some comfort that there's something good over there for them. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

A book that relates a person's fight with cancer and her journey after her demise seems worth reading. Thanks for the review.
OkohDinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okohdinma.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OkohDinma »

I've always wanted to know what happens to us after we're dead; where we go and what we see. Most books on cancer tell stories of surviving cancer patients. I find the story new and refreshing.
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

Such an emotional subject, I imagine this whole story will be very moving as it is a subject that many people have had to deal with/watched loved ones deal with.
jodon
Currently Reading: Mysteries of Brettenwood
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by jodon »

Well the book "when pigs fly" by Nicole, Is a great heart-touching book. I never expected such story from the name, I thought of it as a comic fiction when I saw the name but it wasn't so.
Undoubtedly this book is one of the best I have come across because it touched me immensely, thinking of the journey after death, leaving your loved ones behind when you don't want to but you can't help it.
This book is supposed to be dispensed to all humans as it makes you think of life after death, you don't have to be religious to know what happens when you die, I highly recommend this book for everyone because I think the writer has a good intention of touching lives when writing this fiction.
Though some paragraphs are not understandable, it doesn't depreciate the value of this book, so I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Thanks Nicole for making me remember that one day I have to go and face the real world.
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

This sounds like a very emotional book surrounding the concepts of death and how it affects everyone and everything around. The demise of a young child us usually especially moving to all who get to learn of it. I'm so glad that the author was brave enough to tackle such a deep topic and express the issues in such a personally touching way. Congratulations.
Angeleve88
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 615

Post by Angeleve88 »

What a good review. It made me interested with this book. Thank you for your great review.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

The premise for this book is a sad one, but the author focuses on how life moves forward after the loss of a loved one. In this case, death is accorded the recognition it deserves as it signifies a new beginning.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
silvaharon
Currently Reading: The Mask of Perpetuity
Bookshelf Size: 563
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvaharon.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by silvaharon »

Nice review, looking forward to reading it.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”