Official Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Glory Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43

Re: Official Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H.

Post by Glory Richard »

I’m interested in reading this so as to get appropriately the teenage pregnancy part n solution.. i’ll sure look out for this book.
Bookwormk8
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H.
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookwormk8.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Bookwormk8 »

William H. Coles has put together a book of short stories.

The first story focuses on the life of a young girl called Catherine who falls pregnant at a young age and is sent to live with the nuns whilst waiting to give birth as her mother was ashamed of her. When the baby was born she had disabilities and the story focuses on Catherine fighting for her daughter to live a normal life, which is exactly what Patricia does. The story is very heartfelt and I enjoyed it very much.

The second story is about a man named John who looses his wife and step daughter and has to pretend to be heartbroken even though they wasn't in love and hadn't been for some time.

The story focuses on grief and how you never know what is really going on in a relationship.

As this was just a sample, I didn't get to read the end of the story so I do not know how the story ends.
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

We all got flaws, and we go through experiences from our choices that leave us asking ourselves why we took those steps. This only leaves us human. This review emphasizes that this book reminds us so. I enjoyed it.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

I really love this illustrated book. What a help this would be for young adults just nurturing their love for books. Thank you for your interesting review.
Voke98
Currently Reading: Murder at Broadcast Park
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Voke98 »

thank you for the interrogative novel....though it didn't reveal the conclusion part of it...sound intresting and unigue.
vixusg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by vixusg »

As a matter of personal opinion, this book appears to be written for teenagers, which is fine. I would have probably read this in high school as the style of story telling is at that level. However, I would say that humor and ridiculousness makes up for that. Enjoyable but kiddish.
Cloud Rainbow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Cloud Rainbow »

From the review above this novel is different from the novel I've read so far. It emphasis on emotions.
Santanu9647
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Santanu9647 »

Like the way you pointed out the character descriptions that stood out for you. Loved the quotes you infused, makes me wonder what more gems are awaiting discovery. Well done. I think I will read this book!
Gerry_9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-9.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Gerry_9 »

Coles is my kind of writer. I love character description and he makes it better by relating them with common human flaws. His stories seem to be full of twists and turns which is quite luring I will have to read this book.
bookreviewer2016
Currently Reading: The Silent Corner
Bookshelf Size: 2910
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewer2016.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by bookreviewer2016 »

This sounds very interesting. I might check it out. Great review!
Honeybeetle
Currently Reading: Snow Crash
Bookshelf Size: 318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybeetle.html
Latest Review: Loving Well, The Key To Satisfying and Joyful Relationships by Erin K Leonard (Dr Erin Leonard)

Post by Honeybeetle »

The review makes this collection sounds quite intriguing. I'm trying to get more into short fiction, so I may need to pick this up and check it out! Thanks for the in-depth review!
Holler about books on Twitter with me @DextroColeo! :techie-studyinggray:
Smokey-383
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smokey-383.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Smokey-383 »

I would have passed this book by. Because of your review, I am certainly going to look into it. I do like collections of short stories to get to know a new author and you have made this sound like an intriguing read.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

Thank you for this review! This sounds like an amazing book with the exact kind of stories I love (questions about humanity and the ripple effect, etc.). I'll have to check it out!
Geese
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Geese »

I enjoyed your review. I have read the first story and like it. So I'm looking forward to reading the rest. Sometimes it's nice to read a short story when I'm limited on time. I see he has other books too. If this one is good, I may take a look at his other books. :wink:
Ezekielafog12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Ezekielafog12 »

This book will definitely reach out to the inner child within me and any reader who has mental agility, nice review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”