Official Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Re: Official Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H.

Post by Lg_99 »

it does not seem like the book for me. It just did not grab my attention. Nonetheless, thank you for the informative review.
SJSharks
Currently Reading: Unshaken
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by SJSharks »

I, too was fascinated by this book. Within moments, I was drawn into the first story. I needed to know how it ended and the relationship between mother and daughter. Would the father finally stand up and say enough. The stories are well written and the characters are powerful and intriguing.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

Post by CaitlynLynch »

Though this sounds intriguing, two things are putting me off. First; my inner editor will have hysterics at the typographical errors, and secondly, I really don't care for tragedies. Even with a positive novella to end the book, I think I'll give this one a miss.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Coles has a very genuine writing style, close to reality. So I like style very much. The themes of his novels mostly revolves around social issues and character development. Thanks for your review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Great review. Coles really did an outstanding job here. I love books with deep psychological elements and realism. I would love to read this sometime.
โ€œBooks are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.โ€
โ€• Charles William Eliot
violet-trey19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37

Post by violet-trey19 »

:geek2: Good review of Illustrated short fiction.Story is interesting about children and parents relation.Its well written and unique.Its a good read. :D
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by TheWriteAngel »

Good review! It sounds like an unique collection of stories.
Kenko Betty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Kenko Betty »

CambaReviewer wrote: โ†‘19 Feb 2018, 13:08 This is a detailed, thoughtful and well written review. You have certainly piqued my interest with this review. I like the way you pointed out the character descriptions that stood out for you. Well done. I think I will read this book!
I've read a couple of books by this author and they were great. I will surely go through these short stories.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

This book is a novel idea. All 33 stories of good character visualization and portrayal. I am a fan of Cole from other books of his I have read, and from samples of other books I have not reviewed directly. Thank you for your informative review. I might chance a reading of this book.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Including graphic stories is an unusual and welcome touch. I love those but don't often find them on subjects that interest me these days. I'm intrigued by the way this book covers both the depravity and nobility of human nature, and troubled family relationships. Shame about the spelling errors.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
caitlinjoy
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H.
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by caitlinjoy »

My life has been so busy lately that I have forgotten to take the time to read every day like I normally do. This is the first book I sat down to read in quite a while and it instantly sucked me in. I have only gotten through the first story but I can already tell I will really enjoy this book. I love to read stories about different people and how different each persons story can be. It is a little disappointing about the typographical errors but at the same time, I feel like I run into those with almost every book I read. I try to focus on the stories myself and not so much on those errors unless they make it harder to understand the stories. Iโ€™m excited to continue reading! I almost forgot my passion for reading. I love learning of new books all the time!
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

I'm always intrigued when a writer accurately delves into the psychology of human beings. This book will definitely take me places I'm yet to dream of.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Hamdard669
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Hamdard669 »

I really really enjoyed reading it and I'm gonna read it once more. And hope that more interesting books are coming for our knowledge.
mosero
Currently Reading: Bud by the Grace of God
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mosero.html
Latest Review: Unbalanced by Courtney Shepard

Post by mosero »

Sure I would like to continue enjoying his unique talent in characterisation while learning at the same time ..thank you for the insight on this book.
Glory Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43

Post by Glory Richard »

Iโ€™m interested in reading this so as to get appropriately the teenage pregnancy part n solution.. iโ€™ll sure look out for this book.

Return to โ€œOther Fiction Forumโ€