Featured Official Review: When Angels Play Poker by Maura Oleary

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Asaayah12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Featured Official Review: When Angels Play Poker by Maura Oleary

Post by Asaayah12 »

:D :D I think who ever wrote this book is amazing like it make u feel like ur in the book
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

Thanks for the review. The book seems like a fun read based from your post, and this sounds like the book I'd love to read after a good dose of fantasy and action novels. I'll probably keep this title on my watch list. Thanks again.
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

BookInspector300 wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 10:41 Why does Jimmy have to watch his brother's girlfriend though? Nothing in your review gives us an insight into the relationship between the three of them.
In the book it discusses the method of how each person is assigned to someone to watch. Whoever that person was thinking about right before they past, is the person that they are assigned too. Jimmy was thinking about her when he past.
Stavan christian

Post by Stavan christian »

This is nice book. You done your job. Great
Mildred Tabitha
Currently Reading: The Good Fight
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-tabitha.html
Latest Review: Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Mildred Tabitha »

I really like your review. This is the type of book I want to add on my reading list. I also like how the author was inspired. You also mentioned that the details about heaven is limited and that is understandable because we humans always get curious about places like heaven. I'm already curious!

I like the fact that it has 112 pages. This is because, I personally struggle when it comes to reading novels and completing them. So I rather start with short books that I can complete in less hours so I can get used to the culture of reading. :D
+9[]-

Post by +9[]- »

a good book though it is my first time to read it,hope i will continue reading more.
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

When I have had so much reality, I would love to read this book. It sounds like a down-to-earth chilled book to read when one wants to distress and just feel good, like you said in your review, Sarah. Thanks for such an amazing and humorous review.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
madhah

Post by madhah »

Interesting story with huge imagination
Helpme71
Favorite Book: The Cruel Romance
Currently Reading: Last Shot
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helpme71.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Helpme71 »

Thank you for this review. It seems like an interesting book, based on what you wrote; however, I'm not quite sure how I feel about the concept of heaven as portrayed in this book. As someone who was raised to believe in a "traditional" ideal of heaven, it seems almost sacrilegious to me to read this book. Once I get my hands on it and read it for myself, I will figure it out.
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Post by Jamasenu »

This books makes me think of listening to my friends, family members and sometimes complete strangers making statements like,
He's /She's looking down on us from heaven or they're in heaven making music for the Lord
. It's amazing what we all think what heaven is like and we may not be that far off from......You can finish the sentence with your thoughts! :o
To survive, you must tell stories.
― Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day Before
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Post by Raya raymond »

Interesting review. I always enjoy reading about people's perspectives of heaven and places or things that no one has seen but are believed to exist. I look forward to reading it especially about how angels are allowed to play poker :o :o :o
Stormy76
Currently Reading: Ignite
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Stormy76 »

I really enjoyed reading your review. It made me want to read this book even though I usually go for series books. Thank You!
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

Helpme71 wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 21:14 Thank you for this review. It seems like an interesting book, based on what you wrote; however, I'm not quite sure how I feel about the concept of heaven as portrayed in this book. As someone who was raised to believe in a "traditional" ideal of heaven, it seems almost sacrilegious to me to read this book. Once I get my hands on it and read it for myself, I will figure it out.
I was raised the same way regarding "traditional" ideal of heaven, which is why I can take this book as it is, a fun book to read. I do not believe that the author's intention in any way was to make people think that the concept of heaven is really portrayed in her book. It is written to amuse, bring a little laughter to someone who may need it.
Rileychae

Post by Rileychae »

In my honest opinion I didn’t like it :( I’m more of a romance type of book reader and this didn’t take the edge :( sorry
Sitowise
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sitowise.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by Sitowise »

When Angels Play Poker, wooow the title of the book already hooked me. Going by your review no arguements, the story is good!

Great review! I will definatley try this book and am already convinced i wouldn't regret it. Great review once more.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”