Featured Official Review: When Angels Play Poker by Maura Oleary

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Re: Featured Official Review: When Angels Play Poker by Maura Oleary

Post by Mouricia Allen »

This seems like a good little book. Adding it to my list of potential books to read.
arcie72
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arcie72.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by arcie72 »

Thank you for an honest and lovely review. I do enjoy heavenly books and this sounds like a good in between book from my occasional reads. Again, thank you :D
Snowhite189
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Snowhite189 »

Yeah i can't imagine if i continue reading the story I think I will enjoy it as much as everyone who's gotten this book although it is far from reality I guess no one is allowed to play poker in heaven, lolz. In the story I wanna know the scenario in heaven. I will consider buying it.
What goes around comes around
Adediran_Dee
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adediran-dee.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Adediran_Dee »

Just went through the preview on Amazon...I was taken back as though reading the book of revelations in the Bible. It's an interesting story and makes you see heaven in a different light. I guess heaven will be more fun than i thought. It's a book you must read.
tbj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tbj »

Great book that shows how life could change unexpectedly, like Jimmy dying suddenly,goes to heaven. Meets an angel,who guides him...An inspiring book that is enlightening from page to page.
tbj
Currently Reading:

Post by tbj »

Insightful review and very interesting that the author met an 'earth angel' inspiring her to write this book. It gives a warm feeling about earth and heaven.
Celine7865

Post by Celine7865 »

This is a very detailed and informative review. The description gives off just enough information so that readers know enough about the book to want to read it or not and the review also does not spoil too much of the story. Based off of my understanding of the book from this review, I can say that it is probably not something I would be too interested in reading. I do think the whole concept of Jimmy looking after Maura, because she was the last person he thought about before he died, is really interesting. I read the sample pages as well and Jimmy is a pretty relatable character when arriving in Heaven, displaying a lot of sarcasm, having feelings of disbelief and happiness when he sees his sister again, but it still doesn't change the fact that the story just isn't my cup of tea.
Finimale007
Favorite Book: Final Notice
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Finimale007 »

When Angels Play Poker is an amazing and inspiring fiction book. Jimmy a con artist getting higher in life living in a senior complex and trying to get himself a hot chick when suddenly the unexpected end of his life, disappointing at first but he then arrives in heaven revitalised the book talking about Guardian Angels, as a thing everybody wonders about makes the book interesting and inspiring mostly to Christians who want to have knowledge, insight or scenario of what they think Angels do in heaven and on earth.

conclusion: I just picked up back on reading books and this book helped me in falling back in love to read books and how much I have missed reading books so am rating it 4 out of 4. :D
Cate Mbevi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cate-mbevi.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Post by Cate Mbevi »

Thank you for the review. I love books that have a touch of religion but present some of the religious concepts in a creative way or a way that provokes one to look deeper into the things that they believe subjectively.
joseto17

Post by joseto17 »

This is a sweet book, I'm enjoy to reading novels.
Emjopin
Favorite Author: E.W. Johnson M.D.
Favorite Book: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Currently Reading: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emjopin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
fav_author_id: 196577

Post by Emjopin »

Sarah Khan's review rightly beams, "When Angels Play Poker" by Maura Oleary, is a glitter of sunshine on a cloudy day. It prods the living how it pays to remain righteous to enjoy the exciting life of angels. :angelic-cyan: :angelic-cyan: :angelic-cyan:
DogoMulla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dogomulla.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by DogoMulla »

I do like how creative writers can get and how the their inspirations emerge from the least expected of situations and occurrences. I think that's why it's an art. Good review.
Splendour0606
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-splendour0606.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Splendour0606 »

I enjoyed your review, and it sounds like an interesting story but I don't think it will be a good read for me.I will skip this one.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This is an interesting storyline. Imagine having our loved ones watching over us. The title of this book is interesting too. Thanks for the review.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

The title is humourous and captivating. I do however feel like the book isn't for me. Thanks for the review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”