Official Review: Dodging Satan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Re: Official Review: Dodging Satan

Post by Julehart1 »

I'm kind of intrigued by this book and your review. A religious satire? Sounds like it could be a fun book. I also like that the main character is well developed and realistically written. Thanks for your review. I might read the rest of this book in the future after reading just the first chapter so far.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

Im not sure how i feel about this book. What i am however sure of is i must read it to get the full vibe. Great review
MA
Olamideboy7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Olamideboy7 »

:D 8) this is quite an educative novel am so much in love with all the lines most expecially d figures of speech
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

That's good the author creates endearing and relatable characters. This funny book with a mix of religion would appeal many.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Asunmo Cecilia
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by Asunmo Cecilia »

the review is well written and enticing. I could just imagine what Bridget went through
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

Normally, any book with religious elements would give me pause, as I'm not a Christian, nor Catholic. Basically, I'm an Agnostic Atheist so religious books usually rub me the wrong way. This one sounded different, and judging by what you said in your review, it is definitely different. It doesn't sound overly reverent toward religion. All this being said, I'm looking forward to reading this one. Thanks for your insight. It really helped me make the final decision to actually read the book.
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

Generally speaking, I usually avoid reading books about or related to religion. However, I find myself interested in this story for some reason. I enjoy novels in which the characters question what they've known so far. I might check this one out. Thank you for the review.
Gracie777
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracie777.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gracie777 »

Though out of my comfort zone, I can't wait to dive into this one, I really do need some humor and entertainment in my life. The character of Bridget is bound to impress me too. Looking forward to how the book handles women’s liberation and the transitory nature of life. I will take this up for the fun, amusement, entertainment and it's liberating value. Thank you, I enjoyed reading your well-written review.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I love how detailed and clear your book review is! Although this is not the typical book I'd go for, your review has made me think twice.

I'm fairly new to this site and it's reviews like yours that make want to stay. Thank you :D
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a funny book that I would definitely recommend to all readers. The onlinebookclub review of the book was superbly written and was the deciding factor for reading the book. I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars.
richa1706
Currently Reading: What Color Is Your Parachute?
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richa1706.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by richa1706 »

This book came out to be a surprise. Honestly didn't expect much out of it but all my pre concieved notions were shattered as soon as I started reading. The content is funny, entertaining and thoughtful as well. Looking forward to reading it further.
slysande17
Currently Reading: Dodging Satan
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by slysande17 »

i must admit, Kathleen proved me wrong.I did not expect this book to be one of a kind, the humor in it is perfect in brunging out tge pertinent issues facing the socuery woman from the story of creatuon all the way to today.Anything that touches on a woman attracts my attention,and thus Dodging Satan has just caught my attention,hopefully to enjoy more as i keep on reading it,
thank you fir the review
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

This sounds like a book that I would love, and it does not seem at all boring! It seems like religion kind of stifled the writer's true-self for a bit, and while there are humorous moments in the book, the accentuate a more serious theme. Thank you for a great review.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
Shodeindeadeyinka
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shodeindeadeyinka »

Very educative and informative I recommend this book and I rate it 100 stars, keep on the good work
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by eddix »

Good review! Thanks. I, too, found sections of the sample amusing and entertaining - I actually laughed out loud. Nevertheless, I don't think I'll be reading this one.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”