Official Review: Prayers of the Righteous

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Official Review: Prayers of the Righteous

Post by pinklover »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Prayers of the Righteous" by Sylvia M Cuttino.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Every person who went to Potters Ville Church got changes in their lives. Tobias, a teenage daughter who has a difficulty of understanding her position as a Christian. She finds the true meaning of faith upon hearing Pastor Elijah. Her father is an Irish Catholic while her mother is a Baptist Christian. To whom, she will stand her faith? If she cannot attend church with his father on Sunday morning, then she is required to attend church with her mother during the afternoon church service. How could she establish her faith when her parents have opposite beliefs about God? Unfortunately, an accident happened that tested Tobias faith after hearing a common prayer of her mother, Rita. This accident is Tobias turning point to believe that God answers prayer at the moment she least expected.

Prayers of the Righteous written by Sylvia Cuttino under the other-fiction genre will encourage the readers to pray without ceasing. God answers the prayers of the faithful believer who earnestly seek Him. This book will teach the reader to value their prayer life. Prayer is a constant communication with God, not just at the moment of emergencies but at all times.

Since prayer is the vital breath of a Christian, what is your favorite part of your prayer journey? Indeed, God answers prayers by yes, no, and wait. He answers “yes” by allowing your prayers to happen. Sometimes, God answers “no” because the best thing is yet to come. He will answer “wait” when we pray for us to have patience on His perfect timing. Each one of us has different problems, trials, and battles in life. How do you manage your own problems? Remember, the Prayer of the Righteous man is powerful.

I admire the author’s plot of the story. It started with Tobias curiosity by finding the image she longed for. The most intriguing part of the story is about how rivals came and try to bring the downfall in Tobias life. The guardian angel of the story also gives excitement to the story.

This book has nineteen chapters with short stories that will encourage the readers to enhance their prayer life. The writing style is good as well as the title of each chapter adds excitement to the book. I found a few typos, but it does not distract me. The character of the Angels is my negative comment because they might create confusion as they tend to double the rule of the main characters, yet it didn’t hinder me to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I will recommend this book to the religious groups of people.

Prayers of the Righteous
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like pinklover's review? Post a comment saying so!
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

I like your honest review. I will check this out to add some spice and fervor to me prayer life. It can be confusing at times when parents have different faiths, but I have learned to try and major on the similar grounds more than the the differences. Awesome review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I also need some encouragement from time to time about prayer. Sounds like this is a very nice book for that. It reminds me of another book I've read, but I can't think of the name of it right now. Thanks for the review!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

Sounds like an interesting book, but your review has me confused. Tobias is definitely a masculine name, but you used both masculine and feminine pronouns for the character in your review, or at least it seemed like that’s who was being referenced. It sounds like this character was inspired by a certain Irish song.
Bighenryquee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bighenryquee »

Prayer is an activity that is losing ground in this jet age where every thing is on the 'go', sometimes people need a compelling reason to pray. I will read this if it opens up a different perspective on prayer that has more to do with communication with a father who is infinitely loving and caring enough to answer
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

CambaReviewer wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 13:22 I like your honest review. I will check this out to add some spice and fervor to me prayer life. It can be confusing at times when parents have different faiths, but I have learned to try and major on the similar grounds more than the the differences. Awesome review!
yeah, I experienced it, too. It is very hard to please them both. Sometimes, you won't believe them because oftentimes their views contradict each other. :cry:
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Your review challenges my prayer life. Nice review. Hope I will read this one.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

WOW, nice book. I am looking for this one. Thanks for that.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Wow, I love this book. Looking forward to this. Thanks. I experienced like Tobias.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
patienceese
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by patienceese »

I love spiritual and inspiration books. its helps build my prayers. thanks for the experience.
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

The need for Christians to lead prayerful lives cannot be underestimated or understated.
A prayer is an essential tool for a Christian. You must have learnt a lot from this book.
Thanks for a good review.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

DancingLady wrote: 20 Feb 2018, 10:30 Sounds like an interesting book, but your review has me confused. Tobias is definitely a masculine name, but you used both masculine and feminine pronouns for the character in your review, or at least it seemed like that’s who was being referenced. It sounds like this character was inspired by a certain Irish song.
I was confused by that as well, glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that issue.

Nice review, but this book sounds like my personal nightmare.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Sounds like an interesting book. Indeed, prayers are the important part of our life. The theme of this book is good. Thanks for your review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
n-dai che
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-dai-che.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by n-dai che »

wow, a nice book on prayer. I see that Tobias name is a masculine name found on apocryphal books. I guess his father is a very strong catholic defender. Nice review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”