Official Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mujeebur rahman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Mujeebur rahman »

This book is very interesting.
74Angie_92
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by 74Angie_92 »

I really enjoyed your review. It gave me great insight into whether it would be a book I would want to read. I love stories of friendship through obstacles and believe I will find myself engrossed in this book.
voma clinton ndangoh

Post by voma clinton ndangoh »

The subject of the novel is regional connected with some specified activities. It is the story of women who born over fly fishing. First time ever I read a book on flying fishing. I now fine a good concept on the fly fishing. Very interesting. Thanks.
Johnson504

Post by Johnson504 »

I really like this book it's well comprehended and quit interesting.thanks for the review
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Clinical1 »

I finished the book with only 2 crying jags. Can't wait to write my full review.
SANCHEZ73
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by SANCHEZ73 »

I think real fact contemporary women have gone great length to demonstrate their capabilities like doing a mans chore and that they will still be happy in absence of a man I guess soon man will be brought to extinc.
eddyokoth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddyokoth.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddyokoth »

It's seems inspiring book especially that widow looking forward reading
Jeyasivananth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyasivananth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeyasivananth »

Yes The Reel Sisters has so much to discuss that even my review seemed too long to me. The book is rich in symbolism and imagery. The foremost being fly-fishing which forms the leit motif of the book.Thematically the book validates how living close to nature can help us reinvent, rediscover and rejuvenate ourselves. The symbol of the inuksuk, a figure of stone in human form with outstretched arms which was meant to help travelers navigate through land and water is an allusion to the same.Feminism is another important theme of the book. The book is explicitly gynocentric celebrating the female bonds and women as a natural nurturer. The male characters are all relegated to the periphery merely functioning as appendages to the central characters.
Ezekielafog12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Ezekielafog12 »

I don't think it is
for me, but I am glad you enjoyed
it despite those issues. Great
review!
Irene C
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irene-c.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Irene C »

There are also long explanations of what fly fishing is all about, including the necessary equipment and apparel.
Echoes of Moby Dick's passages on whaling ... hmm. Thanks for this review. I'm not outdoorsy or inclined towards physical hobbies, but it is nice to hear of a book bringing a tale of women's friendship into an area that has been thought of as male.
History is not a burden on the memory but an illumination of the soul. Lord Acton
Mekkinism
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mekkinism.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Mekkinism »

Although I'm sometimes put off by long technical descriptions, I feel like this might be the kind of situation in which they can be put to good use. Tom Clancy is also fairly technical in his writing, but he pulls it off because it's a specific subject, in his case, espionage and the military, and because he writes with authority. It sounds like the author really has a passion for fly fishing. Can't wait to read the book and maybe learn something new!
toni bas
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by toni bas »

i have'nt read it,but from the preview up there i find it to be a boring story or just a story for girls
Abayomi2060
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abayomi2060.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Abayomi2060 »

I must say, this is first book I've heard of with such a theme. The books surely sounds nice but I have a thing for fast-paced novels. Great review though!
Olycharles
Currently Reading: A Long Way from Home
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olycharles.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Olycharles »

I have never fly fished before, but it seem like an interesting thing to do. Four friend together for a common interest and saving a woman from drowning who later joined the group is interesting. True friendship is everything. Nice review!
Swarty03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swarty03.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Swarty03 »

Thanks for the great review. I read yours after I published mine and I couldn't agree more with your points about the details in beginning bogging things down. However, I did find some of that information to be helpful later on in the book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”