Official Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PerkyP
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Official Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by PerkyP »

What an interesting book, where girls had their recreational activity called fly fishing. I love it!
Lucia dayopay

Post by Lucia dayopay »

Nice book story fly fishing..the story of five women bond together over fly fishing...something interesting but enjoyable...i like it.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I always enjoy books about ladies bonding and bringing the best out of each other. This book is definitely for me. thanks for the review.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

I was not expecting a fly fishing book when I clicked on the link to read reviews. I enjoy books with engrossing characters and enduring friendships. Although I don't enjoy fishing, your review reeled me in. Thanks! :lol2:
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
BRIAN IHAVI
Currently Reading:

Post by BRIAN IHAVI »

It looks very interesting ,the tittle and the flying fishing
bash18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by bash18 »

Though the writer had tried all he can to make the book very interested but through my review I suggest that long explanation for such like fishing fly should be avoided so as to the book very excited that is my review.
Kemunto lucy
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Kemunto lucy »

Awesome review I must say. The characters are amazing. This is a very delightful read.
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

I did not find the cover for the book to be attractive and inviting, so, I probably would not have chosen to read the book. Having read the review and the sample, I found the book to be nice, but I still will not read it entirely because it focuses on the flying fish sport, and since I am not much of a sporty person, I might not understand some of the things they talk about. At the beginning of the book, we are introduced to Rose, Sophia, Amanda, Melody, and Veronica, who meet with each other on the weekend of fly fishing. These women share a lot on their personal challenges. For example, Sophie poured out her struggles with finding love. I did not notice any editorial errors with the book. Thanks.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
ElizaBeth Adams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-adams.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Door by Haley Quinn

Post by ElizaBeth Adams »

Kudos to the author of this book for finding a unique setting for female-bonding to occur. I love back-story, but I could see where too much of it too soon could be a detriment to the plot. I'm the type of nerd who enjoys learning new things so I would probably like reading the technical descriptions of fly-fishing. Overall, it sounds like a book I would enjoy.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

I have no interest in fishing or fly fishing. I am more interested in their female bonding. Thanks for your review.
C-obi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-obi.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by C-obi »

The book gives the reader an insight into the challenges most women face. Thanks for the review.
Reader5698
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader5698.html
Latest Review: The Onion Picker: Carmen Basilio and Boxing In The 1950s by Gary B. youmans

Post by Reader5698 »

Great review! I really enjoyed this book. I had never heard of fly fishing before reading it, so I found the details that were provided really interesting.
tristenb
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristenb.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by tristenb »

Unlike you, I didn't mind the long introduction on how the characters met. It helped me understand their relationship and connect with them on a deeper level. While I'll admit I'm not interested in fly fishing, I also didn't mind reading about it. It showed the beauty and the patience that is needed both in fly fishing and within their friendships. Thanks for the review!
Msred325
Favorite Book: It
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172

Post by Msred325 »

Thank you for the review, but I don’t think I will be reading this one. I am not into fishing, but what turned me off, was your description of time spent on each character and explaining fly fishing. Not taking anything away from your review, it was a complete and honest review.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I recently downloaded this book and was set to read it this week; however, the first three comments and the review in general appeared as though they were warning me of a boring episode. I hope I'll sail through.
Thank you for the review.
Bet on Me! :idea:

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”