Official Review: Shellbee's Story

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joy2thenations
Currently Reading: A Ton of Gold
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy2thenations.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Re: Official Review: Shellbee's Story

Post by Joy2thenations »

Those of us with pets can easily personify them and what better than a book that confirms those ideas! Sounds like a fun book.
Roggyrus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roggyrus.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Roggyrus »

This story is heartwarming as it is the viewpoint of a dog voicing out its sentiments regarding its human owners and, in general, the world around it. It is interesting to note how we humans fare in the eyes of dogs. Thank you for your well-written review.
maegan_s_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by maegan_s_m »

This book sounds amazing and so inspiring as i've wanted a dog for so long
Tur turee
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Tur turee »

I have always wanted to know what my dog would be thinking but this book would not exactly be my cup of tea. And what even makes this book more confusing is not put events in their chronological order. It would have been much better if this letters came in a sequence.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

This book sounds so sweet, and I'm a true-blue dog lover! (Well, animal lover, but I'm especially a dog lover.) I'm hoping that the book stops before the narrating dog dies; the trope of dying dogs is why I'm hesitant about dog stories. Thank you for the thorough and candid review!
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
wedi -weds
Currently Reading: Love in December
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by wedi -weds »

This is for pet lovers.not all of us are so am not interested
okayode
Currently Reading: Satan and Me and OBE
Bookshelf Size: 110

Post by okayode »

Shellbee's smooth narrative is just enough to fall in love with this book aside my love for dogs. Dog telling it's own story?? That's a wow. I will read it
harrymadede
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by harrymadede »

that's awesome i just like how the author jennifer flynn narrates the story you might think its the dog that's actually narrating the story a nice piece and good one to read will give it a 5 star for that
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: Children of the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 3838
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by truebookaddict »

I'm not a dog owner, but I have in the past and I do love dogs. I'm just an animal lover. I have many books from a cat's perspective, or about cats, and a few about dogs...similar to this book. My only hesitance is that they can often be so sad and I'm finding as I get older I'm not fond of being sad. Who is, right? Animal stories do seem to really tug the heartstrings and this one sounds like it does the same. Thanks for your insightful review.
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
LanieTaj
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lanietaj.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by LanieTaj »

I think this is an interesting book especially the fact that the dog itself is narrating the story. I like how you made a review cause its a convincing one that want me to truly finish reading the entire book. I am not an animal lover but I'll consider this one.
Bewa
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades Darker
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bewa.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Bewa »

Wow this was adorable. Reading the book from Shellbee's eyes just made it even better, this is a yes yes to all dog lovers.
wndytn12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by wndytn12 »

I am excited to read Shelbee's Story. I have never considered reading a book from an animal's perspective, but having two dogs of my own, I am now excited to read this and imagine mine and my dogs reactions as I read through her letters.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

This might just be the most excited I've ever been about reading a BOTD! I already know I'm going to love this one because I absolutely love dogs! I expect there to be a few tears along the way, so lucky for me I have a fresh box of kleenex next to my bed. :-) Congratulations and thank you so much for making this free to readers everywhere!
Sarah0182000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Sarah0182000 »

Shellbee tells the story of a remarkable relationship between man and his best friend,i love the concept,reading this makes me understand what animals think human are.
Sarah0182000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Sarah0182000 »

Shellbees story explains the remarkable relationship between man and his best friend,reading the story from her side makes me have an imagination of what dogs actually thinks what we human beings are.i love it

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”