Official Review: Shellbee's Story

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Afoaayoe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Re: Official Review: Shellbee's Story

Post by Afoaayoe »

This story is sound and it is interesting. It shows how we are related with our pets or domestic animals and especially dogs!!! the more we are friendly to dogs the more they are close to us and be of help to us. I give this book 4 out of 4 because it is inspiring.
Robert rmbaka
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Robert rmbaka »

We humans love to anthropomorphize other species. It's one of the first ways we try to relate to them, to connect by seeing a glimmer of ourselves in them.

This is particularly true of our dogs, and the connection can run profoundly deep. Dogs are considered "man's best friend" for good reason. Studies have shown that how we feel toward our dogs can mirror the feelings we have toward our children, as the brain chemistry is extremely similar. So, we have conversations with them, seek them out for comfort, buy them toys and dress them up in clothes. But is viewing dogs as four-legged humans something we should keep in check? Many dog trainers would answer with a resounding, "Yes!"

Anthropomorphizing our dogs is not all bad. To some extent it can make us better companions to our dogs, as it allows us to emotionally connect. However, it's one thing to lavish treats on your dogs or let them sleep in bed with you. It's quite another to treat them as if they're a different species than what they really are, expecting them to think and act the way humans do.

They are sharp like us, remind us of creation limitations that God gave to us human beings of a person who is superb in education, social life but cant talk but can only write; well a dog is in this limitation of doing everything well but cant talk only can act.

Lets all respect this special species of creation.

Robert Mbaka.
drunyan
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drunyan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by drunyan »

I do not have a dog myself, although I have wanted one since childhood. The idea of seeing how a dog thinks has a certain appeal to it. I know that dogs can understand specific words, and pick up certain human emotions. I am looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for your excellent review.
I am back! 4 months after radiation treatments and still cancer-free!
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Great review on OBC. I've never had a dog but I'd love to have one. Reading a story from the narrative perspective of a dog is a great change of pace of reading for me.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

It's a lovely story of a dog's life through a series of letters. Thanks for this comprehensive review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
ANONYMOUS 375

Post by ANONYMOUS 375 »

A Labrador revealing her life experience through a series of letters sounds interesting. From the time she was brought home by her human littermates, making canine/human friends and all the way to medical procedures sounds captivating. It was sad to hear that the letters supposedly lacked a strong gravitational pull from one to the other. But I found the concept of the letters written in a seemingly random order intriguing, it'd be nice to discover the overall plot through hints from every passing letter. All while being told from a benign canine narrator. A book to surely stir up emotions of dog lovers and pet owners/enthusiasts of all kinds, a definite must read.
Phayth1

Post by Phayth1 »

I am a lover of Dogs and the book has described alot more than i could ever think or imagine, it is something i would love to read over and over to be more knowledgeable in handling the dogs
Mirry

Post by Mirry »

The book has made me to have interest in dog though earlier on i thought they were dangerous animal to keep but as per now i can even keep one with me
Marbatt87

Post by Marbatt87 »

:D I am a dog lover so I utterly enjoyed reading a book from a dog's perspective. I love Shellbee's Story and I also want to add that I never read a book with a smile on my face for virtually every page. A Great Read
rik17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rik17.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by rik17 »

The format sounds innovative for such a content. I'll give it a try since there is originality involved, and also because animals are fun!

Great review!
Endyaari0819

Post by Endyaari0819 »

hard to understand at some points but overall i really enjoyed this . :D
Irene C
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irene-c.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Irene C »

This sounds like a sweet and interesting idea. It sounds like the perfect grade schooler book. Thanks for an excellent review.
History is not a burden on the memory but an illumination of the soul. Lord Acton
pauljames_03
Currently Reading: The Prisoner and the Chaplain
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauljames-03.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by pauljames_03 »

I think that the sentimental disposition of this book is already a hook for me to read it, especially now that I'm considering adopting a dog to care for. Thanks for the heads-up!
madis0nmaley
Currently Reading: Authority
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madis0nmaley.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by madis0nmaley »

As an animal lover, this sounds like a great read!
P0tt3ry
Favorite Book: The Dresden Files
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p0tt3ry.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by P0tt3ry »

Thank you for the insightful review. Having recently read The Art of Racing in the Rain, I know what the reviewer is referring to. Shellbee's Story was a good read, but there wasn't the compulsion to keep reading that Enzo's narrative inspired. Shellbee was cute but didn't pull me in emotionally like Enzo, Marley, or even Old Yeller.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”