Official Review: Everything Solid Has a Shadow

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bekkirtw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bekkirtw.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Everything Solid Has a Shadow

Post by bekkirtw »

I cannot wait to read this book, solely for the psychological aspect you mentioned (I'm a Psychology major). Beyond that, the story and the character development as you described it make me want to move this to the top of my "to read" list
WillowStarSerenity
Currently Reading: Loved
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willowstarserenity.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by WillowStarSerenity »

What a really great and insightful review! This book struck my curiosity with the blurb. I did pick up a copy. The cover adds a bit of intrigue too. This is definitely on my ever-growing list of books to read. I can't wait to read it and give my own opinion on it!
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Clinical1 »

Very interesting review. I am not sure I wanted to read a psychological thriller right after Final Notice. This review piqued my interest enough I will put it on a shelf to reconsider after I think happy thoughts and play with puppies to clear my worry center.
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

I was taken back by the simple cover but the review made me want to jump right into reading Everything Solid Has a Shadow. I love a good psychological mystery!
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

A psychological thriller doesn’t sound like my kind of book, but it’s always good to see well-written novels. The dream element does sound interesting. Thanks for the review.
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

I love psychological thrillers, so I hope this book will not disappoint. It's hard to find a book of this genre that perfectly, or almost perfectly, manages to explore its psychological aspect. Usually, there's a lot of physical action and not too much mental struggle. I'll read a couple pages and see how it goes. Thank you for the review.
Polgesteirg
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-polgesteirg.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Polgesteirg »

Hmm, a psychology story where the protagonist grows as a person. This is a very hard topic to get right and I commend the author for doing a good job with it. It doesn't sound like the type of mystery I would be interested in, but the author did seem to do a good job with it.
Thanks for the review, I enjoyed reading it!
Ruadhan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruadhan.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by Ruadhan »

The sample for this book was very well written. The reviewer's comments that the author builds from this using dreaming makes the story even more intriguing.
1ditzyrn
Favorite Book: Desire
Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1ditzyrn.html
Latest Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2) by Bellamy Westbay
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 1ditzyrn »

I read the sample and was immediately intrigued. From the very beginning, the author jumps right into the story. I really felt for Charlie upon reading the first few pages, where the author was discussing his childhood traumatic event. Add in the element about his clairvoyant dream and I am hooked. I downloaded the book and will be adding it to my "To Read" list. I, like you, also appreciate the vocabulary used by the author. Thanks for a great review!
jennyd2003
Currently Reading: Kind Nepenthe
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennyd2003.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler

Post by jennyd2003 »

I love a good story line like this. Characters and dialogue that is well thought out helps bring the story to life and that just brings me into the story. I've got to finish this one to see how things work out for Charlie. Great review.
Solmstead17
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Solmstead17 »

I am currently reading this book, it's a bit bouncy for me. I am going to continue to give this a shot and will give a full review then.
Skg917
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Skg917 »

While I was initially uncertain as to whether or not this book would be one I would enjoy, after reading your thorough and convincing review; I had to reconsider my rush to judgment. I am intrigued and cannot wait to add this repertoire.
Poppy Drear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poppy-drear.html
Latest Review: Five of Pentacles by Anna Munson

Post by Poppy Drear »

I've been looking for a book with well-written dialogue for a while now! Maybe I'll consider reading this one, despite the fact that it's a departure from my usual genres of choice. Dream interpretation has a strong presence in mythology, so it'll be interesting to see a contemporary take on the subject.
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by FilmStar »

Based on your review, it looks like I will like this book. I love books that are intellectual, have well-developed characters, and where authors do their research on subjects that are uncommon. I, myself, am intrigued with dream interpretation so it'll be nice to see a plot surrounding that. I am going to give this book a chance and have it be next on my reading list.
Joy2thenations
Currently Reading: A Ton of Gold
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy2thenations.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Joy2thenations »

This doesn’t seem like a book I’d normally go for but I do like dream interpretation, so you caught my attention there.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”